Jan. 10/11, Bulldogs vs Americans

dlbalr

It's another home-and-home for the Bulldogs (17-14-0-4) as they take on division rival Rochester (14-13-3-3). Hamilton sits in 2nd in the North (7th in the West), just four points ahead of the Amerks who occupy the 4th spot and 10th spot in the West.

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Holland

Tarnasky - Dumont - Blunden

Thomas - Macenauer - Leblanc

Courtnall - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Pateryn

Beaulieu - Ellis
Chouinard - Dietz

Tokarski

-r105032%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Varone - Adam - Armia

Catenacci - Sundher - Irwin

Gillies - Hutchings - Schaller

MacLean - Jacobs - Parker

Bagnall - Ruhwedel

MacKenzie - Crawford

Gauthier-Leduc- Tuzzolino

Hackett

Puck drop is at 7:05 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

seemes an odd game

Yeah, that would be accurate. Until the last minute and a bit, Hamilton had held Rochester to a single digit shot total (despite six PK's to that point). The Bulldogs aren't getting much through either; both defences are playing rather well.

what is the record for PPs going 0-for in a game?

I think Hamilton is experimenting with combos on the PK, by necessity due to so many shifts shorthanded.

Well, there goes the shutout, we've got a game again.

By the way, I'm not sure what the record is, I'm trying to download the record book but I have a very slow internet connection.

Edit: It doesn't look like that record is in the book. I imagine it's around 0/15.

Well, there goes the shutout, we've got a game again.

By the way, I'm not sure what the record is, I'm trying to download the record book but I have a very slow internet connection.

I know it must be some kooky #, but PK unit did well

a weakened opponent and not a masterpiece of a game, but 6 in a row is great for confidence etc.

Torkarski soild again.

Beaulieu seems to be more involved in last few games firing the puck, but still hear "Beaulieu knocked off puck/puck taken away from Beaulieu in corner", or "deaked out of jockstrap"...etc, a bit too often. And I would guess that he simply needs more strength and another summer of conditioning before he could ever hold a regular NHL spot?

Wonder if maybe his defense will always be along the lines of a Karlsson/Mike Green and the offensive part of game offsets the MAB-like defense (Nygren as well).

But cant put cart before horse, he just turned 21 (with eventful summer just past) and d-men can take a long time to develop, with much more to learn than a young forward needs to, like defending a Toews-Kane 2 on 1.

Torkarski soild again.

Beaulieu seems to be more involved in last few games firing the puck, but still hear "Beaulieu knocked off puck/puck taken away from Beaulieu in corner", or "deaked out of jockstrap"...etc, a bit too often. And I would guess that he simply needs more strength and another summer of conditioning before he could ever hold a regular NHL spot?

Wonder if maybe his defense will always be along the lines of a Karlsson/Mike Green and the offensive part of game offsets the MAB-like defense (Nygren as well).

But cant put cart before horse, he just turned 21 (with eventful summer just past) and d-men can take a long time to develop, with much more to learn than a young forward needs to, like defending a Toews-Kane 2 on 1.

Yeah, while listening last night I noted there were a few negative moments with Beaulieu as well amongst a few positives as well. He's never going to be a shutdown guy but I think he should be able to be better than those guys in his own end. He's not a rover-type like Karlsson and Green are. He's still a while from being NHL ready but there's lots of development time left, another 1.5 years on his ELC.

Rochester is missing 10 regulars and has 7 ECHLers in lineup, surely if Hamilton just stay out of penalty box, they should be able to generate some good offense?

Holland has been very quiet for awhile and he, Thomas or Andrighetto should be due to score a goal or two.

Rochester is missing 10 regulars and has 7 ECHLers in lineup, surely if Hamilton just stay out of penalty box, they should be able to generate some good offense?

It's pretty close to the same lineup that they iced at the Spengler and they were competitive (or better) in two of their three games.