Jan. 26, Wolves vs Hamilton, 4 PM

dlbalr

BOYD.jpg

Hamilton (20-17-0-4) looks to make it a winning weekend today as they play their 3rd game in less than 48 hours. Standing in their way of accomplishing this is the Chicago Wolves (22-15-2-2) who currently occupy the 5th seed in the West.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - St. Pierre - Holland

Tarnasky - Dumont - Blunden

Thomas - Macenauer - Owens

Courtnall - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Pateryn

Chouinard - Ellis
McIver - Dietz

Mayer

Projected Chicago Lines:
(based on +/- data from previous games/straight up guesses)

Jaskin - Aucoin - Mancari

Andronov - Bolduc - Rattie

Longpre - Hanson - Cracknell

Davies - Porter - Shattock

Chorney - Shields

Regner - Oberg

Edmundson - Cundari

Allen

Puck drop is at 4:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

dumb penalty by Dumont and Jaskin scores PP goal

Tinordi has 3 scoring chances so far and even rushed puck couple times, he maybe is getting quite anxious to get a call-up?

Wolves make it 2-0

Ellis not on the bench to start the 3rd, it sounds like an upper body issue for him.

Ellis went for hit and the guy ducked and Ellis went head/ facefirst into boards.

Well I guess will drop out of playoff spot? were on the bubble before the game I think.

Well I guess will drop out of playoff spot? were on the bubble before the game I think.

If Rockford gets a point, they will. Iowa and Hamilton are tied and while the Wild have a game in hand, Hamilton has an extra win.

The Bulldogs were doubled up in shots, that mimicked the Habs well.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011733

looked like a bad case of bus legs too! Chicago was fortunate to be staying in Hamilton last night and were in town at dinner time after beating Toronto. Unfortunate though that one goal went in about 1/2 second after the green light came on and a friend who sits four rows behind the goalie in 114 (we were in 125) said it appeared the disallowed high sticked goal was actually missed entirely by the player who supposedly high sticked it in. (No review though as the AHL review seems to be a downward view on the net only). He did review the second Chicago goal which appeared to be kicked in but the review was inconclusive so the goal stood. Honestly though, they were running around like the Keystone Cops and not clearing it out of our end.

I think it is a little crass, maybe I'll think of a better word later, for the organization to be asking for season ticket renewals already and the price has gone up for a couple areas. The product has been so-so now for three seasons and it just seems that rather than investing in the season ticket holder base, they are going after the groups whose long term interest in the team is casual at best. The new organization has not improved things considerably and after a while folks are not impressed with shiny things like the power ring.

Frustrated that Tinordi had Climie dead to rights a couple times and shot over the net! St. Pierre still making too many goofs for a player of his experience. Dumont looked tired and was doing dumb stuff to instigate

Thinking openly too that we are getting out coached. Although Mayer wasn't to blame for a couple of the team screw ups, I think a goalie change after the Wolves' 3rd goal might have done something to try and get the team out of their funk.

(I miss Nigel Daws and Dustin Boyd who are doing well in the KHL)

I was thinking a Alex Henry-type on back end might also help.

I did notice renewal notice on website and thought was odd timing?

Tinordi will never be a sniper and didn't sound like Mayer was at fault and Dumonts dumb penalty was turned into a key PP goal (for the Wolves who are worst PP team in AHL).

Too bad they played a tired game with few shots at home, after a very entertaining one on road yesterday.