Jan. 31/Feb. 1, Bulldogs vs Heat

dlbalr

For the second time this month, the Bulldogs (20-18-0-4) have ventured out to Abbotsford to take on the Heat (26-14-3-1). This time, the two game stint will kick off a six game road trip. Christian Thomas won't be with the team for either of these two games as he's with the big club in Montreal.

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Andrighetto - Macenauer - Leblanc

Tarnasky - Dumont - Blunden

Owens - St. Pierre - Holland

Quailer - Nattinen - Fournier

Tinordi - Pateryn

Chouinard - Dietz
McIver - Schiestel

Tokarski

-r105012%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Baertschi - Locke - Jooris

Hanowski - Knight - Olson

Trupp - Reinhart - Granlund

Bancks - Jones - MacDermid

Arsene - Billins

Smith - Ramage

Wotherspoon - Breen

Ortio

Puck drop is at 10:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Well, LL must be a bit worried now about future with franchise eh?

I didn't think he looked bad at all in call up, in the very little icetime he got, but I guess was enough for Mgmt to want someone else called up instead.

Interesting that 'supposedly' Aves were asking about Andrighetto? But Roy would know his play and maybe likes him?

Fat lady already signing, Knight scored again, 3-0 after 2.

LL with 3 shots and Holland seems to be playing well, just no finish.

I guess 13 shots in 2nd was a positive also, but.....

0-for-8 on the PP and after going 0-40 earlier in season, back to 0-for-37 and counting (coaching issue?)

Heat a strong team and Dogs maybe missing Beaulieu, Ellis & Thomas a bit of factor.

But in rethinking Nygrens comments and the ones about players more concerned with dating and such, than the team play, maybe be a big factor in why they simply suck at home and may really point to the lack of a Alex Henry-Nigel Dawes-types being missed, in order to keep the early 20's youngsters in check and relatively Green coaching staff not good for recipe neither.

Of well, Andrighetto & Holland had a few shots, Owens had 2/3 of a Gordie Howe hat-trick & young Fournier scores, which is about I can say were +.

even Pateryn was a -2, which is unusual.

Don't know if Mayer was really a factor or not?

But, Heat maybe have more skill than Flames; in Granlund, Reinhart, Baertschi, "Corey Locke" and even Shane OBrien likely a + for some leadership.

But, as dlbalr noted in the fall, this team will be very streaky both good/bad.

I'd give my right nut to see Dawes and Boyd together in the Hammer again. I think they are playing with ex Dog Maxim Spirodonov in the KHL.

I'd give my right nut to see Dawes and Boyd together in the Hammer again. I think they are playing with ex Dog Maxim Spirodonov in the KHL.

I know most of the former Bulldogs but I must admit, I had to look Spiridonov up.