Apr. 4/5, Bulldogs vs Griffins, 7 PM

dlbalr

If the Bulldogs (31-33-1-5) can pull off their second straight upset in as many nights against the Griffins (44-21-2-4), they'll be able to move their postseason odds to higher than a tenth of a percent. Something to strive for...

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Andrighetto - Dumont - Blunden

Sorkin - Macenauer - Holland

Tarnasky - St. Pierre - Thomas

Crisp - Vail - Leblanc

Drewiske - Pateryn

Chouinard - Schiestel

McIver - Ellis

Tokarski

-r105018%20:%20ham09_500.jpg
(based on +/- data from last game)

Pulkkinen - Emmerton - Frk

Hoggan - McIntyre - Tootoo

Campbell - Nestrasil - Ferraro

Grant - Aubry - Parkes

Sproul - Almquist

Fournier - Evans

Ouellet - Jensen

McCollum

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Sorkin draws back in.

Vail & Crisp also playing.

No playoffs, might as well check out younger 'real' prospects.

Hope Crips maybe gets some PP time in front of net?

Pateryn smoked by Parks.

Crisp steps in and tosses him and 2 minute each.

Crisp also has had a scoring chance.

And a second chance but stick broke.

Give up another SH breakaway.

Wide open man, after failure to clear own zone, and dogs down 1-0

Swiss Kid/Dumont? get goal and 1-1 early in 2nd.

Dumont to Blunden and 2-1 dogs :thumbs_up:

It's nice that all three of the new rookies are in. It should be that way down the stretch.

Evidently, the Habs/Sens aren't the only ones in a high scoring game tonight. Springfield and St. John's are tied at 6 after 2.

4-1 e/n by Pateryn (and did we miss Beaulieu-nope-his ego was taking up too much room)

I still can't figure out Don why so many single referee games for the last couple months. There was a "plethora" of two man games early in the season. I'd love to find out if a number failed to make the grade and were cut loose. That kind of data never seems to make the Hockey News. I've been to a couple Brampton Beast games lately and noticed that AHL referee David Banfield is now listed as a Central Hockey League official. (Likely works a lot of different leagues) He was notorious in Hamilton for his non calls. (BTW-head of officiating for the Central League is old NHL linesman Leon Stickle. League chief guy is Brian Lewis. Odd considering that two Ontario guys control a nine team league with only one Canadian team)

I still can't figure out Don why so many single referee games for the last couple months. There was a "plethora" of two man games early in the season. I'd love to find out if a number failed to make the grade and were cut loose.

I've seen a few new names in the NHL recently. I suspect a few of the AHL guys are getting an NHL tryout and they're just not replacing them in the minors. Or, some could have been demoted to junior/lower level minors as you suggest.

I've updated the first post with the lines from last night as these two go at it again tonight. Puck drop is at 7.

I still can't figure out Don why so many single referee games for the last couple months. There was a "plethora" of two man games early in the season. I'd love to find out if a number failed to make the grade and were cut loose. That kind of data never seems to make the Hockey News. I've been to a couple Brampton Beast games lately and noticed that AHL referee David Banfield is now listed as a Central Hockey League official. (Likely works a lot of different leagues) He was notorious in Hamilton for his non calls. (BTW-head of officiating for the Central League is old NHL linesman Leon Stickle. League chief guy is Brian Lewis. Odd considering that two Ontario guys control a nine team league with only one Canadian team)

Politics and officials stuff, I don't know anything about. Fair or underfunded, I couldn't even offer an opinion?

Andrighetto was in starting 5 on that line to start game?

Naw is Vail-Crisp-Leblanc

4:00 left in 2nd and hanging on down just 1-0. :thumbs_up:

According to the scoresheet, it was Vail. Andrighetto (27 instead of 17) makes a lot more sense.

Too much bushmills maybe, or I just am misremembering?

I actually noted and was Dumont-Andrighetto-Blunden Drewiski & Pateryn that started.

The worst thing is, despite Tokarski having 2 solid starts in a row, he probably won't get another one until both Dubnyk and Mayer lose. Lefebvre has said the goalies are in a situation where if they don't win, they sit until the other two lose. Way to inspire confidence... 3 out of 4 points in Grand Rapids is a good weekend at least.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1012144