Feb. 10, Iowa vs Hamilton, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Hey, these guys again... For the fourth time in five games, the Bulldogs (23-18-6-0) will take on Iowa (17-30-1-1) who still sits in the league basement.

14ia_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Mitchell - Graovac - Hagel

Keranen - Phillips - Gregoire

Veilleux - Gabriel - Walters

Brassart - Archambault - Perry

Blum - Falk

Gudbranson - Syvret

Chouinard - Stejskal

Curry

14ham_500.gif

Carr - Hudon - Tangradi
Hensick - Dumont - Andrighetto
Bowman - Dowell - Sorkin
Bakker - Gill - Fournier

Tinordi - Drewiske

Allen - Pateryn

Bennett - Shea

Condon

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Macenauer's a healthy scratch tonight meaning Bakker stays in. That's odd.

As for Iowa, they just lost Stu Bickel and Brett Sutter to recalls so their roster is even weaker. Their 3rd D pairing now appears to be an all-former Bulldog duo in Joe Stejskal and Joel Chouinard.

Bakker and Fournier get the assists on Dumont's goal. That better be because they were in the middle of a line change and not an actual line.

By the way, that's Fournier's first (AHL) point in over 11 months. It has been over a year since he scored (including his stints in the ECHL).

almost blew it late in the third with the man advantage. Condon came up big again late . Honestly guys, it was an ugly win. Seems like on the PP they just can't win a faceoff so it seems to become a dump and chase deal as a result. Tangradi seems to be better-still don't think he is 100%

-still have to do something about the give aways in our own zone and relying on the goalie to bale them out.

-tickets tonight (because of the win) are good for tickets for the Feb 18 game vs Rochester

-was mainly friends and relatives tonight-no groups-Tuesday is a bad night for minor league hockey especially with the affiliate on tv

-officiating again-Iowa goal was scored no more then 5 seconds after Archambault elbowed Drewiske in the shnoz right in front of referee Kendrick Nicholson who, although teamed up with another official, (Darcy Burchell) still put his whistle away

-ice was crappy again-so much for the new ice plant. Building is very cold at the start of each game like they have the garage doors open to try and keep things cool.

-for a Tuesday game, I hope the company doing the marketing realize they can't charge the same as weekend games at the box office. Otherwise-expect 2000 every midweek game

Any thoughts on Archambault, Mike? He was one Hab prospect I was a bit surprised they didn't sign after his stint with the Bulldogs a couple years back. As for it being an ugly win, I'll still take it. They needed to take advantage of getting Iowa four times and they did (for the most part). :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014172

He was one that I was surprised that was not re-signed a while back. (of course I thought it was odd that Vail wasn't re-signed so maybe I'm not a credible judge of players) Saw Rick Dudley in the bar/restaurant before the game (with Larry Carriere) and between periods and he had the phone glued to his ear. Haven't seen Pro Scout Doug Gibson for a while.

I guess Archambault got called up to Iowa from the ECHL Alaska Aces where in 38 games, he had a respectable 20 goals and 18 assists

He was one that I was surprised that was not re-signed a while back. (of course I thought it was odd that Vail wasn't re-signed so maybe I'm not a credible judge of players) Saw Rick Dudley in the bar/restaurant before the game (with Larry Carriere) and between periods and he had the phone glued to his ear. Haven't seen Pro Scout Doug Gibson for a while.

He was TOR/NYR last night I do believe.