Feb. 13, Marlies vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's Pink in the Rink night in Hamilton as the Bulldogs (24-18-6-0) try yet again to move back into a playoff spot as they host the Marlies (19-18-9-0). Hamilton is carrying seven veteran players and it's not yet known if Macenauer will sit again or another veteran in his place.

14tor_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Leivo - McKegg - Kozun

Nylander - Rupert - Brown

Frattin - Froese - Abbott

Bodie - Biggs - Devane

Marshall - Loov

Mikkelson - Finn

MacWilliam - Knodel

Bibeau

14ham_500.gif

Carr - Hudon - Tangradi
Hensick - Dumont - Andrighetto
Bowman - Dowell - Sorkin
Gill - Macenauer - Crisp

Tinordi - Pateryn

Allen - Dietz

Bennett - Shea

Condon

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

left when it was 4-1 and heard Matt Holmes mention the officiating on the radio . Second game in three where I've seen the officials absolutely refuse to make calls right in front of them and the two goalie interference calls on us were a pure joke. First on us when Chris Gibson was back on the boards to the right of his net and Bowman was driven in to him by the Marlie D man-Bowman wasn't even facing Gibson. Gibson flopped like he'd been shot. In the third, we were on a PP and Dumont got pile driven into Gibson and the PP lasted all of ten seconds as a result.

Sort of sad that Marlies scored the fourth one as the Dogs made it interesting in the end. I guess the 3 stars were selected before the Dogs scored as all three were Marlies. Tangradi got the Hardest Working deal.

Referees were Terry Koharski and Garrett Rank (what an appropriate name). Koharski seems give off an air that it's his show and he is going to run it any way he wants.

I don't know if you saw Teri Pecoski's article in the Hamilton Spec today re the team having too many vets meaning some older players who have played over X number of AHL games (260???) have to be sat out every few games-only a certain number can be dressed. Quite a contrast to when I started attending AHL on a regular basis in 1996 and the team was mainly vets with a few prospects. At that time, I think the IHL was worse for that too!