Markov: Tradewinds blowin' ?

ICEWATER77

Habs desperately need a second D pairing that can put up points. They were too top heavy relying on Subban and Markov.

Petry has been a half point per game in Montreal but he doesn't even have to be that. Put up 25-30 and I'll be ecstatic. Especially if it's on the second pairing with Markov, meaning someone else plays with Subban.

As for Beaulieu, I'm good with 20 points, extended minutes and if he proves he can play with Subban? That much sweeter.

Yes, he is (I think) a super 1st pass guy and he said he prides himself on that, so he will get puck up ice quicker as will Beaulieu and 'should' lead to more scoring chances than if Murray, Gorges, Gilbert, Emelin was trying to move puck out of zone.

But if he can score 10+goals with some being on the PP, then all is good.

Guest Stogey24

10 goals isn't out of the question at all.

I seriously hope Emelin gets moved. He's the only bad contract this team is carrying.

Habs desperately need a second D pairing that can put up points. They were too top heavy relying on Subban and Markov.

Petry has been a half point per game in Montreal but he doesn't even have to be that. Put up 25-30 and I'll be ecstatic. Especially if it's on the second pairing with Markov, meaning someone else plays with Subban.

As for Beaulieu, I'm good with 20 points, extended minutes and if he proves he can play with Subban? That much sweeter.

Pateryn if given the chance will give you 20 points.

Yup, was only 11th in NHL scoring for d-men last year. We could do a lot worse and I really do hope he never puts on a different NHL jersey. But, sometimes players just cant pack it in when they really should (eh Marty Brodeur).

I never blame a player for wanting to stay in the NHL for as long as possible. I blame the teams for making the bad business decision of signing them or keeping them up. The New York Yankees used to have no problem telling future hall of famers their time with the team was done and it was time for new stars to come in. Now we saw them parade Derek Jeter around like he was the greatest baseball player to ever live. Babe Ruth? Traded in his last year to the Boston Braves.

Up to the team to send the player packing.