Colemans Cup Thread - Marlies vs IceCaps

dlbalr

The IceCaps are playing a three game exhibition series against the Marlies over the coming days in preparation for the start of their season (which, if you're wondering, is the 14th).  Here's the schedule:

Schedule
Thursday, October 6 7:30 NDT Stephenville Dome
Friday, October 7 7:30 NDT Corner Brook Civic Centre
Sunday, October 9 2:00 NDT Gander Community Centre

14tor_500.gif

Training Camp Roster

15stj_500.gif

CuC1sKkWIAAXjgy.png

I think last year, AM 930 had the call, albeit with all sorts of technical difficulties that took into the regular season to iron out.  I'm not sure if they are this season though.

I wonder if being singled out as lacking 'compete' just prior to being cut will have any impact (+ or -) on Scherbak's effort level or play in St.John's? Will Hudon have another productive season and maybe take a bit more of leadership role this year?

Tonight's lineup for St. John's:

View image on Twitter

Veilleux will be an interesting one to watch.  23 points last year with Chicago (AHL), he could be a decent depth guy.  I'm curious to see if DeSimone can make an impact as well.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Will this likely be Momesso's only game?

One can only hope.  He may get one more though as some of the veterans like Friberg, Terry, etc, only need one game really.

There was only one goal in the game, a PPG by Toronto in the first minute of the 3rd so the Marlies take Game 1 by a score of 1-0.  They'll be at it again tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, DON said:

was it broadcast on radio?

Not sure, I didn't check (there was baseball on followed by the Hab game).

Lindgren was the second star tonight - I guess they split the duties as Fucale was supposed to start.

This one featured a lot more offence but the same result, a one goal loss for St. John's.  This one ended 5-4 in OT.  Crisp scored his second of the game while Bozon and MacMillan also scored.  Fucale took the loss (and I believe played the full game).  The final matchup goes Sunday afternoon at 12:30 PM EST.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Marlies come back to win 4-2, sweeping the 3-game series.

And a relatively full lineup it seems, basically just missing Barberio and whatever forwards get cut from Habs eh.