leafs sign allison

DANFALCAO

They shouldn't even bother signing anyone. They have like what not even 15 players under contract? Not to mention their almost hitting the cap?

Considering he was signed for $1.5M that was a really stupid signing. Even more stupid is that he could earn up to the 4 million area with bonuses.

Man, Ferguson and the rest of the owners and management should realize that THEY NEED TO REBUILD and get it done as fast a possible.

1.5 is pricey for a guy who has played only 20 games in 4 years.

I love the TO media and it's fans.

They claim to be in a rebuilding mode, yet keep Belfour and Domi. They say they're glad to Roberts/Nieuwendyk are gone because they're always injuried. Yet they sign Allison and likley Lindros.

These clowns are all over the map. Cant understand for the life of me where they stand on an issue.

[Edited on 2005/8/6 by Leafs Suck]

i LOVE the signings the leafs have made so far - replacing the aging heros of their last few playoffs (roberts and Niewandyk) with aging injured guys. And then making a big deal about resigning Domi??? well enough said:D

I can't WAIT to see the leaf fans with bags over their head, circa mid-80's:D

Originally posted by KidRock

I would not be surprised if JF Jr will be gone by Christmas.  The media and fans will butcher him

Christmas? Man try within the first month of hockey if they don't have a 500 record.

Originally posted by Tony
Originally posted by KidRock

I would not be surprised if JF Jr will be gone by Christmas.  The media and fans will butcher him

Christmas? Man try within the first month of hockey if they don't have a 500 record.

Nothing would be nicer Tony.

Before all of this, before even the draft, I was watching different Québécois media on 'who should Gainey get' and the name Jason Allison kept popping up all of the time. They recognized that he's had injury problems (concussions) but they kept saying he was worth it.

I don't know how adept they are at reading risks and possibilities, sometimes I wonder if they're not something like the Toronto media that was described in some other string on this site.

Bottom line is that Gainey didn't think it was a worthy risk or he would have gone that way. He had lots of time to do so and, I'm sure, the opportunity.

I hope the best for Allison. Nobody's struggles should be the source of someone else's laughter or joy.

[Edited on 2005/8/6 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by shortcat1

Before all of this, before even the draft, I was watching different Québécois media on 'who should Gainey get' and the name Jason Allison kept popping up all of the time. They recognized that he's had injury problems (concussions) but they kept saying he was worth it.

I don't know how adept they are at reading risks and possibilities, sometimes I wonder if they're not something like the Toronto media that was described in some other string on this site.

Bottom line is that Gainey didn't think it was a worthy risk or he would have gone that way. He had lots of time to do so and, I'm sure, the opportunity.

I hope the best for Allison. Nobody's struggles should be the source of someone else's laughter or joy.

[Edited on 2005/8/6 by shortcat1]

Toronto is what the laughter is directed at, not Allison.

That is an expensive risk. 1.5 million may seem like nothing but it is alot to pay for someone who may or may not even play on a regular basis.

All we need now is for Lindros to sign anywhere else than Toronto and my day will be complete :king:

I hope the leafs don't even make the playoffs.