Plekanec signs

westcoasthabfan

That's great! :clap:

He's a very good two-way player (like Higgins), a fast skater, good puck handler and more than adequate shooter. He's also a player who gives of himself on a regular basis. :/)

I saw him play in Hamilton and there wasn't a time that he just floated. :/)

Darn, there's so many good ones coming up. How do they all get to fit into this team? :?- How can they be kept encouraged when there's so much competition to make the Canadiens? :?- I suppose that some of them will become trade bait.

I wonder how many players a team is allowed to have signed? There must surely be a limit.

But all that aside, attago again Bob! :clap:

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

"Pleky" finished his (.. for long time last match for home-team HC Kladno:( ) about 90 minutes ago. We are won at strong Slavia Prague 3:2! :clap: >>http://www.hcrabatkladno.cz/index.asp and Tomas score the opener :). A winning goal then was from Ivan Huml, a member of the Boston Bruins organization. We believe, that for him will be the :contract: not so attractive and he stay at our ice! :hockey:

tomas, kladno / ... and sorry for my bad english :)/

Well, if you're correct about Huml not going to Boston, it's no great loss for the Bruins. Huml is WAY down in their depth chart. At best, he would be a second line player and at worst, he'd be fourth lline player.

Plekanec's great play in that game is another indication that we've got a good one here. :clap:

Thanks for the info and welcome to this community. Looking forward to hearing the perspective from someone who knows a lot about the Czech and, I imagine, the Slovak hockey situation. :/)

Hi, and thanks for kind words. :) I have watch the our and international hockey scene for more than 20 years and like the local-team patriot I´m pretty well informed :o abaut the players like NYR#68,TOR#15,CAR#12,NSH#3 and NJD#26. :) .... sorry for this trivia :D!

PS. Here is something from Pleky´s summer "special training" > http://www.kenbarber.ca/phpBB2/album_showp...e.php?pic_id=47 ... photo from me, so not perfect quality capture. :D:D

I would sooner see Chris Higgins, Marcel Hossa and if he signs Alexander Perezhogin play in Montreal this year than Plekanac. No question he has some skill, but I don't think hes going to make it as an NHL'er and if he does its as a 4th liner. I think Higgins has better offensive potential, Marcel Hossa is bigger, fiester and probably has a better offensice package if he can put it all together, and I think Perezhogin can be a top 6 forward if he develops well.

I think Plekanac is a very good AHL'er and will eventually play back in the Czech Republic when he doesn't make it here.

2kaos: ... from 95% correct! My words, only nobody knows here (in Czech) what is really in the deal between Pleky & Habs.:?- /BTW tommorow will be signed/ ... NHL-season only, or Bulldogs games too? In home-town will be #14 anytime welcomed! ;)

Would be nice... would be very nice.

It would be a long time coming for four of those guys.

Originally posted by ch_nl

This may be "The Habs year of rookies blossom"

Plekanec, Perezhogin, Hossa, Komisarek and Hainsey.

If all those first three guys blossom the team is going to have to do some major changes to the team.

Wouldn't that be a happy 'problem' for Gainey. Yessssssssss.... ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by ch_nl

This may be "The Habs year of rookies blossom"

Plekanec, Perezhogin, Hossa, Komisarek and Hainsey.

Komisarek, Hainsey and Hossa are no longer considered rookies, but prospects. Plekanec and Perezhogin and Higgins will be rookies.

Non-the-less I think Komisarek has already proven he can play a regular shift as a top 4 defensman. I think Hainsey can continue to develop into a starter. I think Perezhogin could become a 20 goal scorer if he gets a chance to play enough. I really hope Hossa can find his scoring touch and become an effective NHL'er, and I think Chris Higgins can be a effective 2 way forward.

If these guys all develop well then Montreals future will look bright for a few years to come.

I'm glad to see the Habs resigned him. There's been no doubt about his determination to make it to the NHL. I remember seeing him in the brief call up he had one season, and his skating seemed pretty good. He didn't get much ice time so it was difficult to get a read on him. However, everything else that I've read about him is positive, so I have to believe he stands a chance to make the pro squad, just like Perezhogin, Higgins & Hossa do [up front]. However, I believe that only one of these 4 will be starters, and perhaps 1 or 2 others will be spare players that will not play much unless injuries arise. Someone from this group of 4 will be back in the AHL to start the season.

However, I believe that only one of these 4 will be starters, and perhaps 1 or 2 others will be spare players that will not play much unless injuries arise. Someone from this group of 4 will be back in the AHL to start the season.

Of those four, I expect that it would be Hossa who will not make the cut. It seems that the talent is there but the drive and consistency isn't. That's disappointing.