Captain Vinny

BTH

Just thought I'd post the rumour that Vincent Damphousse would like to finish his career in Montreal. Or so RDS reported a couple of days ago. Vinny said that Montreal was on his list of teams that he'd like to go to.

I think I'd like this guy back.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Just thought I'd post the rumour that Vincent Damphousse would like to finish his career in Montreal. Or so RDS reported a couple of days ago. Vinny said that Montreal was on his list of teams that he'd like to go to.

I think I'd like this guy back.

Just one question...

Where the heck to you play Dampy? :?-

Hehe.... good point. If you change a position or two he'll fit in but we have 3/4 good centers that don't deserve to be kicked down a line. I don't think we'll get him; Gainey's looked done for a while but I'm just saying that he wnats to play here and Montreal's one of the teams that's "interested in him".

We can't afford to be too sentimental -- I mean, if Juneau announces a comeback do we start moving players to fit him in? Perreault also wants a spot somewhere this season.

Actually Tor640 is speculating today that both Damphousse and Perreault might end up in Toronto!

http://www.640toronto.com/news/toronto_spo...onto_sports.cfm

Perreault back in Toronto?

I thought we'd converted him! Actually, those two would really help the leafs....

I hope they go to the Rangers and no one ever hears of them again. They're like a bottomless pit.

And if Juneau does come back the Habs better take him back!

I would love to have Damphousse back. He can play centre or left wing and can play both defense and offense. This is a great player to have in case of injury, plus he's a solid leader and hard worker. Look how he helped the young guys in San Jose and almost took them to the finals.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

And if Juneau does come back the Habs better take him back!

I don't think that Montreal 'needs' to have Damphousse. First of all, he would simply be blocking the up-and-comers and, second, what he would have to offer, we already have - he'd have to be a 1st or 2nd line player and those lines are full.

As to Juneau, same thing.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Who does Montreal have to play left wing, and what about injuries. I like some of these rookies but some of them had a difficult time in Hamilton. Lots of question marks with these guys. I rather have these guys playing everyday than watching from the press box. When an injury happens, these guys are ready to play and are given the opportunity to prove themselves. Damphousse is a solid dept guy. If not Vinnie, they still need someone like him.

Well, if we get Vinny, our lines will get messed up. Dagenais is a proven NHL level prospect. I'd rather have him switched to RW or something instead of Hamilton.

KKZ

Vinny-Ribs-Ryder

Bonk-Bulis-Sundstrom(LW to RW)

Dagenais-Bégin-Perezhogin

The problem is that there's only 1 rookie spot. A second will switch with Bégin and maybe Dagenais and Sundstrom.

That's a good team but it's about time we gave our prospects a chance. Half of them aren't gonna make just because they won't get experience until they're UFA.

Dags isn't a 4th line player. He doesn't use his size, and he doesn't play D. And really, if he could do either pretty well he'd still be on the second line as a solid sniper, rather than just a one trick pony: "Hey ma, watch me hit a mosquito off the cross bar from forty feet away"

If Vinny signs, he gets the second line and Dags gets bumped to pressbox player, and he also keeps a prospect down one more year, or forces a trade of Hossa/Plekanec/Hainsey because they can't go back down to the AHL.

No Vinny, please.

He'd normally be a good fit but we just don't have room for him on our roster or under the salary cap. The Habs are absolutely done the FA period unless they trade Rivet and free some cap space.

Same goes for Selanne and Witt. There's no way we can get them.

As not Damphousse spend the year siding Goodenow and his pointless point costing us the whole hockey season ?

I would hope that he would retire now and spend the next couple of years doing benevolent work for a good cause for a change.

Originally posted by PB

As not Damphousse spend the year siding Goodenow and his pointless point costing us the whole hockey season ?

I would hope that he would retire now and spend the next couple of years doing benevolent work for a good cause for a change.

:lol:

Originally posted by Tony

If I may add to this, if Dags was ever on a 4th line, it would be one of the worst 4th lines in the league.

Agreed.

The only argument for Dags playing 4th line would be that he should be under Steve Begin's tutelage for how to play the game.