Leafs roster sponsored by Bank of Montreal

sakiqc

Just crossed by Leafs official roster page at http://www.mapleleafs.com/meettheleafs.ml

First off, if someone ask me what I was doing on that website, well.. it was only for research purpuse :D

Is there a logical explanation behind this? Why would Bank of Montreal sponsor the Leafs. I mean, even if the bank does business in Toronto.. do they have marketing people? Anyways..:nono:

Originally posted by sakiqc

Just crossed by Leafs official roster page at  http://www.mapleleafs.com/meettheleafs.ml

First off, if someone ask me what I was doing on that website, well.. it was only for research purpuse :D

Ya, sure... Ya, I believe you... NOT!!!

Oh child, why do you rebel so against the better way?

Turn, child, turn away from that place of emptiness, that place of disgrace and come back to the place of your roots, at the foot of Mount Royal. There you will be bathed in the warm wind of our holy Saint Lawrence, the patron saint of rivers, bays and boulevards. ;):lol:;)

:ghg:

I believe the Bank of Montreal headquarters moved to Toronto a number of years ago.

Originally posted by shortcat1

Ya, sure... Ya, I believe you... NOT!!!

Oh child, why do you rebel so against the better way?  

Turn, child, turn away from that place of emptiness, that place of disgrace and come back to the place of your roots, at the foot of Mount Royal. There you will be bathed in the warm wind of our holy Saint Lawrence, the patron saint of rivers, bays and boulevards.  ;)  :lol:  ;)

lol.. I was sure someone would get on my back for that hehe

I believe the Bank of Montreal headquarters moved to Toronto a number of years ago.

Yes I know Bank of Montreal is active in the Toronto area. I'm just wondering how the marketing team managed to figure it would be a good idea to sponsor the Leafs.. I mean , try to imagine an advertizement by the "Toronto Dominion" on the Habs website..:puke:

Originally posted by sakiqc

[

Yes I know Bank of Montreal is active in the Toronto area. I'm just wondering how the marketing team managed to figure it would be a good idea to sponsor the Leafs.. I mean , try to imagine an advertizement by the "Toronto Dominion" on the Habs website..:puke:

:devil: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :devil:

Hey Guys and Gals, new here and had to put my 2cents in this discussion. While Toronto is building for...Something, we are building for a championship. Yes it takes a little money but more it takes heart, ability and dedication to achieve the ultimate goal. Montreal has not looked stronger in terms of depth of young talent, and with a level playing field money should not be too much of a distraction. So companies like BofM wanting to back the leafs fine, I just hope they don't come crawling to our team when one day in the near future our team is hoisting Lord Stanleys Cup for the 25th time! That is the difference between teams that talk and teams that deliver.

I actually work for Bank of Montreal, in the head office here in Toronto. It is embarrassing being affiliated with failure, but c'est la vie.

Even though the Leaf are sh!t. They are popular here, and for business purposes it is probably a good marketing technique. They can capitalize on the morons who start planning the Stanley Cup parade every time the Leafs sign a 40 year old player. ;)

Funny thing is, some people here were saying the same thing when the Leafs were playing Carolina in the playoffs in 2003. Carolina's arena is 'The RBC Centre' named after Royal Bank of Canada which is also HQ in Toronto. :)

P.S. I don't know how to attach a picture, but I found this one pretty funny.....

http://tssweb.thestar.com/NASApp/TPPSApp//...ndex=1&gallery=

HabsfaninTO I feel your pain. The Leaf crap we have to put up with is incredible. I dont think the team is -CENSORED- as you so quaintly expressed. With Sundin at centre they are still pretty good. What they have to do is get the 55 centres on th team to play net, defence, penalty kill, power play and shudder the thought, wing! Oh well, their problem not ours. I want to see our young guns beat the Leafs so bad, and to send "OH MY SORE BACK" Belfor to the shower early every game they play.

P.S. I put the link picture you posted as a Windows background on our company's shippers computer. That Leaf fan he is!

Go :hlogo: Go

Here's a fun piece of trivia to burn and elf with;

The HHoF is housed in an old BMO building. efl and CotUers brag about the HHoF being in their city and we all know the irony about that. BTW, the HHoF Stanley Cup diplays say the leaf has <b>11</b> Cups, not the 13 that elf yip about. Also, the acc (pronounced 'ack') also displays the official (def: not scammed) 11 banners.

Nailing elf is fun and easy. Do it to impress your friends and of course, da, lasses.

Morenz,

The worst is the media, how they complain about the officiating. Even if the opposition gets twice the amount of penalties called than they do, the media complains how 'the whole NHL' is against the Leafs.

The ignorance and the arrogance in this city needs to be shut up.

Nice job on you colleague. What was his reacton?