Jason Menard

HaliHab

Hey Everybody, quick question?

Does anybody have any information on Jason Menard? He's the new Habs writer on Hockey's Future. He seems like he knows the Habs young stars quite well, does he contribute to this or any other site? I know Dan Linn used to contribute here? How does this guy gain his info, etc...

Anyway, just something I'd be interested in learning more about, alot of Habs fans will be reading his work and posting comments on this and other boards based on his writing...

Cool stuff!

HaliHab

Originally posted by HaliHab

Hey Everybody, quick question?

Does anybody have any information on Jason Menard? ......  How does this guy gain his info, etc...

Anyway, just something I'd be interested in learning more about, alot of Habs fans will be reading his work and posting comments on this and other boards based on his writing...

Cool stuff!

HaliHab

I have no info on Jason Menard but for some insight into your "how does this guy gain his info, etc." question, here's a letter that Dan Linn sent to me in response to similar questions:

"I'm glad to hear you enjoy the site and the information that is provided by Hockeysfuture. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can, although I am only one writer and I just cover the Montreal Canadiens prospects. HF has tons of writers, as some NHL teams have more then one writer and there are also writers for each league in the CHL, plus the NCAA and Euro leagues.

Some writers do have access to information from the team, as several general mangers, scouts, players, and people in the hockey media do read HF which makes it easier to gain access. Not all teams offer up information though, so it is up to the writer or writers to get the most up to date information.

I personally don't get much if any help or information from the Canadiens organization, although I have spoken with a few people in the organization. What I have to do then is, travel to games, speak to the players, speak to their coaches, watch tape of games, etc... Not saying I can do this with every prospect since there are about 38 prospects to cover, but I have spoken to a few of them and in some cases interviewed their coaches.

The Top 50 list is made up by a select group of writers and I believe pro scouts from ISS do offer a helping hand, but to be honest I really don't know all the details cause I never took part in the top 50 list or anything not habs related.

As for the rankings and where to place players, we have different things we take into consideration such as skill level, progression, weaknesses, develop program, size, work ethic, etc...

You might want to read these links which may shed some light on the rankings.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect.php

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/jrranking.php

I hope this helps you find the info your looking for. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Dan Linn

Hockeysfuture.com"

I hope that helps a bit.

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Too bad that they are wrong on Cristopher Heino Lindberg.. He didnt play in the swedish elite league... he played div. 1 hockey. This year he will play elite league hockey in Färjestad and it will be REALLY interesting to see if he can take the no1 goalie spot there