Pre-Season Game Thread | Toronto vs. Montreal | 9/24/05

Spider-Man NL

I'm watching the LeafsTV pre-game show. They're giving some politely positive info about the Canadiens players.

I must say, nevertheless, that the pre-game colour commentator, Rick Vaive is struggling. His co-host (I don't know his name), has left him hanging a couple of times with some mis-information which he (the other co-host) corrected in Vaive's mid-sentence.

Vaive was a good one for the Leafs during his time.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to RDS.ca, I just heard Yvon Pedneault use an expression which, sadly, for the Leafs, is true. The expression used was 'Maple L'ifs'.

Talk about building your house on shifting sands.

souray!!!!!!!!!!

nope, didn't hear it... wasn't listening for it, really... was concentrating on the replay and commentary.

lots of movement and nice passing on this power play - good for them and now another PP for Montreal... fourth in a row.

Perezhogin's having a hard time with these obstruction penalties... is he unlearning what he was allowed to do in the RSL?

Lindros is being booed when he touches the puck.

I was expecting more posts than this. Either it's a slow game with not a whole lot going on (not really - lots of penalties) or we're too busy watching TV.

Me I'm going for 1000 posts tonight (only 370 to go).

Expect LOTS of one-worders... ;) ;) ;)

Speaking of one-worders, one thing I'm appreciating with RDS.ca is, when they're explaining rule changes or related matters, they're using an animated sequence (from NHL 200x?) to illustrate it. Even better, the teams illustrated are the teams playing tonight, the Canadiens & the Leafs).

Belfour is playing VERY well. For a 40 year-old, he's still very mobile and quick. Good for him.

Hainsey's playing well, so far, tonight. Playing within his means, I guess and not making bad plays.

onesies - Kaberle

Just realized it was over a year ago when I sat down in the middle of the night, listening to CJAD 800, had some coffee and cheered for the Habs. And it sure feels good.

Can't wait for the real season to start and for Canal + to present their NHL schedule. If there's enough Habs games I will suscpribe. But I think they will cast Detroit and Leafs as usual. Flyers with Forsberg is not a bad guess and Dallas with a lot of swedes.