Next round of cuts....today?

hankhab

Am I correct in understanding the Habs will be making another round of cuts today? If so, who will be hanging in there for now? Julien has said that Latendresse will be playing the next game, so I'm thinking that Julien will also want another look at Hossa, Plekanic, Perazoigin, Higgens, and either Hainsey or Strait....what do you all think?

In "Le Journal de Montréal", they mention that the Habs are off today and come back to training tomorrow and cuts will also be annnounced tomorrow.

Expect many of these players to be cut:

1) Jonathan Ferland

2) Raitis Ivanans (Vandermeer will be our goon)

3) Jonathan Aitken

4) Andrei Kostitsyn

5) Corey Locke

6) Jean-Philippe Côté

7) Andrew Archer

8) Olivier Michaud

9) ?

There are 38 players left and they mentionned that they want to bring it down to 28 for early next week when they go to Mont-Tremblant to continue their training camp.

Originally posted by Tony

Don't forget Carey Price.

Eventhough Price is a sure cut, I believe they will keep him around until the end of the camp so that Melanson can teach him the most things possible before going back to juniors.

Melanson mentionned that he as a 3 year plan for Price and as given him specific a gym and on-ice training program for the next season to work on. He also mentionned that depending on how hard he works, he could even be ready in 2 years.

The Benoits. Everyone else has a shot at the team after the players you already mentioned. I agree that Price will stay til the end of training camp but with no shot at making the team.

According to Pat Hickey in today's Gazette(Monday) the cuts arent going to happen until before tomorrow's game.

I expect Price and GL to be sent back to junior, that Streit and Hainsey will get another look and that in the end Higgins, Hossa, Perezhogin, Pleanac, and Dags all stay with the team. Ryder hasnt practised in over a week and with the team's depth there is no reason to rush him back into action :hockey: