What about Plekanec?

Mark Napier

Think the Habs always thought he had a good chance to make the team. Also, he would have to clear waivers to be sent down and that won't happen. Think Hossa, Plekanec and Higgins are locks to make the team. Perezhogin can be sent down without clearing waivers. He's been good, but not dominant. He'll have to knock Dags off the team to make it and that remains to be seen. I like how the two will be playing on the same line again tonight.

Originally posted by Hab4life

Considering he was the leading scorer with the Bulldogs, I'm pretty sure that the habs knew he was ready. Especially with the lock out last year, management was able to really take a look minor league players.

... my words. Pleky looks very well at the moment and tonight come to a key-match for him, I think.

We'll see! I believe in him. We need somebody in :que: this year :):)

Tom-05b-detail.JPG

I can see him making the 3rd line with Bulis and Bonk, that would be a good line if he keeps preforming the way he is now. And a 4th line with Vandermeer, Begin, and (Sundstrom,Higgins, or Hossa) wouldnt be too awfully shabby either. :)

OK so Plekanec makes the team but the numbers are just too much. Hossa, Plekanec, and Perezhogin can't go down without clearing waivers so they have to stay. So how does Higgins stay up as well? I would think that one of these guys would have to steal Dags place but he is getting the goals this pre-season and is playing well. I'm glad that Gainey didn't go crazy with the free agents because it's hard enough trying to get the guys that are here on the roster.

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by Mark Napier]

Perezhogin is the only one of these guys that can be sent down without clearing waivers. My feeling is that unless he really impresses over Dags, Perezhogin will be sent down (to be called up if Dags doesn't produce).

Good point Napier. I don't know if he is still banned from the AHL (my comment was that he doesn't have to clear waivers if sent down). Wasn't it a one year North America ban? In which case he could play in Hamilton.

He was banned from the AHL (or NA, same thing) for ONE season. The NHL was locked out, not the AHL. While the AHL season was going on, Perezhogin joined the NHlers in Europe and blended into the crowd. Now he's back and has served his years suspension from the AHL/NA.