Perezhogin

Giddy for Bobby G.

I see him in a lot of our final roster drafts, just wondering if he's even got a point all preseason yet to warrant this.

I really don't see any room for him right now with Hossa, Higgins, and Plekanek jumping ahead of him with strong camps. Is he killing penalties like their going out of style? Is he taking the body? Or is he just missing his chances?

I don't think that Perezhogin has the pure skill level to offset his lack of size and physical game. Even in the new NHL I think he is borderline. All those people who had he and Kostitsyn at the top of their prospect lists must be feeling a bit sheepish now.

Just like last night was a huge night for Danis (in terms of importance towards the palyer's evaluation), tonight will be a huge night for Perezhogin. If he doesn't shine, he'll be in Hamilton for the start of the season.

Yeah he was my offseason favorite to jump in and have a Michael Ryder type year this year. For all the criticism of Dagenais, I feel a lot better with him on our second line than Perezhogin.

Zogs has put up good stats professionally so far, so you have to think he'll find his groove in N.America eventually, but yeah after camp I have him 6th after Komisarek, Hossa, Plekanec, Higgins and Latendresse on our prospect depth chart.

Is he possibly on the PK unit instead of the PP?

We're winning games so obviously he and the rest of the pups are doing something right, I just thought he was playing with Ribiero, thought I'd be hearing about scoring chances at least you know

I think Perezhogin will be just fine. Just because he hasn't lit the lamp like Plekanac and Latendresse, I don't believe his stock has dropped any.

He has more to get used to than those guys, who play on the smaller ice surface here, while adapting to a new style of game.

I haven't hear too much about Kovalev, Koivu, Ribeiro, Dagenais, Bulis ect popping lots of points either. I think Perezhogin will make the team and I believe given plenty of playing time on the 2nd line and some PP time, I think he can put up 30+ points, while improving his defensive game.

I think hes a solid prospect.

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by kaos]

The way things are going now, Latendresse is probably one of our top prospects. I think Perezhogin has dropped a little, but he is still young and he still has time to improve.

Latendresse is doing exceptionally well at camp, but still might be sent down to Jr.

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by Brett38]

I also think he is a solid prospect, but if he doesn't have a noticeable night with Koivu and Kovalev tonight.....I think he will have definitely dropped being Dags (and Latendresse if he is on again) for the 2nd line spot. That will mean Hamilton for the start of the season, taking nothing away from his future potential.

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by Rooster]

You know it's probably a good thing he's struggling, we can't have too many pups on the team. Zhogs still has a lot more to gain from playing in Hamilton than Hossa, Higgins or Plekanec.

IMO it'd be a good idea to send him down, maybe he can have a positive impact on Kostitsyn.

Agreed. Plus Perezhogin making the team most probably means that Dags is out of Montreal. Now if Dags is having a bad year, Perezhogin can always be brought up to replace him. This doesn't work the other way around.

Just look for Perezhogin and Latendresse to both have super games tonight to screw up these nice little plans :)

I imagine he'll go to Hamilton for some aclimatization. He'll be back.

The 8.5 evaluation given to him isn't a one-person evluation and the 25th best prospect is even less a one-person evluation. They come from the combined input of a number of people involved in hockey at diffeeent level and different kinds of jobs.

I asked Dan Linn, who was the main writer for hockeysfuture.com / Canadiens, about that a short while ago and this is what he answered about that issue:

"The Top 50 list is made up by a select group of writers and I believe pro scouts from ISS do offer a helping hand"

and

"As for the rankings and where to place players, we have different things we take into consideration such as skill level, progression, weaknesses, develop program, size, work ethic, etc..."

He also added:

"You might want to read these links which may shed some light on the rankings.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect.php

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/jrranking.php "

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

In terms of the prospect depth chart I wasn't necessarily refering to the HF.com offseason rank of him at #1. It sounded like a negative thread the way I worded it, but in terms of impact our prospects can make this season, of anybody I thought Zhogs would be the only guy with a chance to shine.

This penalty craze and the open ice it's creating is making special teams spark plugs like Plekanec and Higgins look like really important players. I think either of these guys could have a big season even if they're regular shift is on the fourth line now.

Perezhogin is playing very well. He's been controlling the puck and has good puck-handling.

No he doesn't have any preseason points yet but he has won two shootouts for us. That would be two game-winning goals in the reguliar season. Atleast he saves his best for when it counts.

I'm going to have to agree....He may not have lots of points, but keep in mind there's more to this game than just that....

He's chasing down d-men behind their own nets, and winning battles in the corners...he's taking and making hits, and getting good shots at the net. I've been to 3 games so far this year, and from what I've seen, I'd take him over Dags any day of the week.....

I've also noticed, and this has been mentioned before, that Ribs has been feeding Dags every chance he gets...even though Zhogs is open in front of the net...and we all know Dags doesn't pass.....

Originally posted by Makh2o

I'm going to have to agree....He may not have lots of points, but keep in mind there's more to this game than just that....

He's chasing down d-men behind their own nets, and winning battles in the corners...he's taking and making hits, and getting good shots at the net. I've been to 3 games so far this year, and from what I've seen, I'd take him over Dags any day of the week.....

I've also noticed, and this has been mentioned before, that Ribs has been feeding Dags every chance he gets...even though Zhogs is open in front of the net...and we all know Dags doesn't pass.....

:/)

Just because he doesn't have as many goals as the others, doesn't mean he's not ready for the NHL. Crosby had 1 assist in a 7-2 win last night. He aded a goal and an assist in 2 other preseason games in which his team scored a total of 6 goals. Does that look like the league's future?

Does anybody have any information on Alexander Perezhogin and the AHL? I know he has served his 1 year suspension, but is it at all like the Todd Bertuzzi situation where he has to be reinstated by the commissoner/president before he can play in the league?

I though I read somewhere where the league president said he doesn't want him back in the AHL? Anybody have any knowledge? If Montreal decided to demote him would he be able to play?

To the best of my knowledge, Perezhogin was suspended for exactly 1 season. His suspension is thus over and he should be allowed back in the AHL. If this were not the case, I'm sure this would have been mentioned in the press.

Except for Moncton I had the chance to watch all the other games.

Pre-saison games can only offer so much to be viewed,...and I recall the last saison when during the pre-saison games when I couldnt see anything about Ryder's play that would have preclude the excellent performances that where to followed.

On the contrary Perezhogin as impressed me to be exactly the player I was hoping to see. His set of offensive skills are wider than pretty much all our players and his overall composure has been pretty good otherwise. I hope that Julien could incorporate him in the line-up.

I would love to see Higgins, Plekanec and Perezhogin together on a fourth line. Together they can fly and finnish also.......and compromised the other team into taking penaltys.

This is the new league,..where your young offensive talents can actually help by getting inserted in the fourth line ......ready to be promote on when players get injured.

Of course reservistes enforcers type should be used when necessary.

Originally posted by PB

Except for Moncton I had the chance to watch all the other games.

Pre-saison games can only offer so much to be viewed,...and I recall the last saison when during the pre-saison games when I couldnt see anything about Ryder's play that would have preclude the excellent performances that where to followed.

On the contrary Perezhogin as impressed me to be exactly the player I was hoping to see. His set of offensive skills are wider than pretty much all our players and his overall composure has been pretty good otherwise. I hope that Julien could incorporate him in the line-up.

I would love to see Higgins, Plekanec and Perezhogin together on a fourth line. Together they can fly and finnish also.......and compromised the other team into taking penaltys.

This is the new league,..where your young offensive talents can actually help by getting inserted in the fourth line ......ready to be promote on when players get injured.

Of course reservistes enforcers type should be used when necessary.

And do you have place for Marcel Hossa in all of this?