Broadway's Back?

BTH

The Rangers have always been known to buy the best roster and then bomb the season anyway.

They have a good roster again this season and from what I've seen in the preseason they have a good team. Nylander played great and Jagr scored a beautiful GWG against New Jersey that showed he has the talent he had in Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure how good Kasparaitis will be with the new CBA but Tom Poti is still a good defenceman and they have satisfactory goaltending.

They also have Rucchin, Roszival, Straka, Ruchinsky (on a European-laden line-up alongside a few Czhechs) and Malik.

They have youth in Hossa and Balej although they haven't been playing up to their potential.

Overall, I think they're in a rebuilding stage after getting rid of Kovalev, Holik, Lindros and Bure among others for younger players and draft picks. They are finally in a position to get rid of their reputation and they might be able to do it.

They won't rebound into the playoffs this year but in they're in great position for the near future with one of the best wingers in the league leading the way.

[Edited on 2005/10/3 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

I think Weekes will become the backup after a few weeks as well... Henrik Lundqvist is an AWESOME goaltender. Swedens best goalie since Pelle Lindberg. Watch him win some BIG games for NYR this year.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

they will be a better team once they get rid of jeremy jagger

He's an amazing player. I hear he's greedy though. Talentwise I think he's still among the most skilled players in the league.