Ducks, Rangers Announce Captains

BTH

The Rangers have announced Darius Kasparaitis as Team Captain.

The Mighty Ducks have announced Scott Niedermayer as Team Captain

Good choices. Leaders in both cases. Lead by example on the ice. I don't know about off the ice but, on the ice, these guys don't shirk it.

Jagr's too much like Randy Moss. They play when they feel like it. He's good but a captain should be hard-working and show a consisten effort. Kasparitis is a better choice then Jagr, I wouldn't even give him the A.

Originally posted by jetsniper

Jagr's too much like Randy Moss. They play when they feel like it. He's good but a captain should be hard-working and show a consisten effort. Kasparitis is a better choice then Jagr, I wouldn't even give him the A.

That was basically my point.

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by jetsniper

That was basically my point.

With all due respect, how? You said it was sad to see him get passed over and I said he doesn't even deserve consideration. I must be missing something

im basically saying that Jagr typifies the recent rangers teams in that he is inconsistent and often floats around... Not what one would usually want in a captain, but pretty much what i think of when i talk rangers.