For Overseas Habs Fans, NHL.com & Fox Sports

PMAC

For all of you in timezones far removed from NA, as I am, it is possible to listen to games on www.nhl.com on tape delay. The NHL leaves an archived copy on the website until they post the links for the next day's games. So, if the game starts at 3am your time --as they do for me --then you can listen to the game when you get up. Also, once you load the game you can pause it for hours if need be and listen at your leisure.

If not for this feature, i would not even get to listen to many games.

:hlogo:Habby listening :hlogo:

On a related note, Fox Sports in the Middle East is advertising NHL games. Anybody know where I could get listings of what games Fox are broadcasting... I'm sure that Fox sells the same games to all of their affiliates world- wide. My listing just say "Teams TBA"

[Edited on 2005/10/6 by PMAC]

oh, PMAC, thanks by the way -- luckily we are a quarter turn away from the middle east ans as such we have 'reasonable' 8:00 am starts for Habs games here in Japan (and much of Oceania). So live on CJAD or CKAC is fine for us (I am doing CKAC as Moffatt is driving me nuts). But some sort of streaming video would be a welcome alternative, don't mind paying but where is it???

Originally posted by simonus

no such animal so far as I know.  I have been dying for an nhl.tv kind of thing, there is only slightly more hockey coverage in Indiana than there is in Tokyo.

That's what I figured, but I did hear on HFBoards there is something streaming and it's a pay service, my pals here and I are looking into it -- if we find something we'll post details, you too please. But I figure the video would probably be choppy and crappy...

Well, radio was good enough for the Newsy Lalonde fans, I guess...

:ghg:

[Edited on 6-10-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Well, radio was good enough for the Newsy Lalonde fans, I guess...

:ghg:

[Edited on 6-10-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Not to be picky but, there wouldn't have been too much radio in Newsy Lalonde's days. Lalonde played for Montreal from 1917 to 1922.

Howie Morenz , who played for Montreal from 1923 to 1937) would have been mentioned on the 1st Montreal Canadiens radio broadcast which took place on December 22 1928. the announcers were CJAD's Author Dupont and Elmer Ferguson.

You might find this page of interest: http://www.anguish.org/~flint/habs.html

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: