HABS @ RANGERS | Oct 6th 7pm EST

puck7x

I just don't see Dagenais producing with anyone but Ribeiro. And you can't punish Ryder because of that.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, gotta sleep.

Let's hope that Julien sticks a rocket up the second line's butts to get their game in gear.

Gotta question who are playin like the rookies out there.

Originally posted by Rooster
Originally posted by shortcat1

booooo, rucinski... second former habs to score on us

But shouln't we celebrate them for we had wished them well and now our wish is realized?;)

sure, but it's fun to be partisan too... just not nasty about it

Originally posted by Toren

I just don't see Dagenais producing with anyone but Ribeiro. And you can't punish Ryder because of that.

That's why I suggested Higs-Ribs-Ryder. Take the balls & chains away from that line. If Dagenais drags the 4th line down, Begin will kick him in the face.

Wow the first 10 minutes of that period was the worst hockey I've seen the Habs play in at least 10 years. Thank God they woke up. Hossa's goal could of been scored by a pee wee, the set up was beautiful. Hossa disappeared after he scored. Wouldn't be giving him the scoring title yet.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

If this keeps up for Ribs and Dags I wouldn't be surprised if next game (assuming Zednik can go)

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev (not sure how they are playing though)

Zednik Higgins Ryder

Bulis Bonk Sunny

Ivanans Plekanec Begin

Give those two loafers a seat until they can play D

Are you watching the same game I am? Ryder isnt exactly playing like Carbonneau out there either. He's just as inept defensively as the two others.

Think Plekanec and Higgins will have a much bigger role with the team at season's end than they have now at some veterans expense (Dags, Ribs).

Unfortunately I'm not watching the same game as you b/c my professor still has us in this useless class.

HOwever I like Ryder better anyways and from what I've seen he usually tends to go the way of the rest of his line, in my opinion.

either way...It's really annoying to have one line that continuously is inept on D, something needs to be changed if it picks up, the problem with Dags is either he's on the second line or teh press box, but we'll see I guess, hopefully it improves soon

announcers are saying that 14 of the 15 games last night were sold out last night. bodes well, especially if they can keep the game moving.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Montreal 6-3.

-Ribiero makes up for his bad game last night by scoring a goal and assisting on 2.

-Kovalev makes you shiver with some great moves.

-Rivet gets a weird goal from a point shot.

-Higgins nets his first.

-Bulis does it again short handed.

-Dandenault with the empty netter.

For the Rangers...

-Rucinsky on a beautiful shot.

-Ward plays an inspired game, scored a gritty goal.

-I dunno, someone from their D-corps... Malik.

Got 2 of them so far... :D

Originally posted by ap79

Dags is just a temporary hole-plugger. Eventually he'll get pushed out of the lineup by a kid. I dont see Ribs & Ryder lose much as they'll be producing offensively.

I agree. I didn't get to see last night's game, but Dags hasn't been impressive other than the quick pass to Ryder on the goal. Defensively, however...argh!!!

I'm liking the rookies, though.

Montreal 6-3.

-Ribiero makes up for his bad game last night by scoring a goal and assisting on 2.

-Kovalev makes you shiver with some great moves.

-Rivet gets a weird goal from a point shot.

-Higgins nets his first.

-Bulis does it again short handed.

-Dandenault with the empty netter.

For the Rangers...

-Rucinsky on a beautiful shot.

-Ward plays an inspired game, scored a gritty goal.

-I dunno, someone from their D-corps... Malik.

Got 2 of them so far... :D

Actually had a thought for that when Higgins scored. Quick.......lotery numbers....tell us:)

Originally posted by huzer
Originally posted by ap79

Dags is just a temporary hole-plugger. Eventually he'll get pushed out of the lineup by a kid. I dont see Ribs & Ryder lose much as they'll be producing offensively.

I agree. I didn't get to see last night's game, but Dags hasn't been impressive other than the quick pass to Ryder on the goal. Defensively, however...argh!!!

I'm liking the rookies, though.

Dags does one thing and one thing only....shoot. However he does it very well. However his other lackings (especially skating) are probably going to burn him in a no grabs or hooking faster game. Why did we trade Hossa and keep Dags again?

Just realized that Higgins wears the same number (21)as me, which I changed to (from 17) when Carbonneau was with the Habs. Maybe the Higgins jersey will be the one I get to replace my old ratty Carbo jersey! Hehe.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Unfortunately I'm not watching the same game as you b/c my professor still has us in this useless class.

HOwever I like Ryder better anyways and from what I've seen he usually tends to go the way of the rest of his line, in my opinion.

That's a puzzling statement. How can you like a player that just "follows" what his linemates does and stink if they stink (which is debatable in Ryder's case)...

either way...It's really annoying to have one line that continuously is inept on D, something needs to be changed if it picks up, the problem with Dags is either he's on the second line or teh press box, but we'll see I guess, hopefully it improves soon

The problem is that Ryder and Dags play are two similar. Not very physical, not very fast, both prefering to stay away from the play and shoot the puck from anywhere, neither are great defensively. That leaves too much for Ribs -- who isnt speedier or more physical -- to do.

That lines just need a player with speed who can play physical. Higgins, Bulis, Bonk, Begin...

second period's off!

Originally posted by Rooster

Why did we trade Hossa and keep Dags again?

You'd have to ask Bob... I don't know why

Winning lottery numbers... (can only guarantee 3 being right)

12, 24, 36, 5, 19, 45 .... Extra: 3

Should you use my numbers, I require 50% of all winnings. Thank you!