It's Autumn; The Leaves are Falling!

BTH

Let's count all the things that have gone wrong for the TML after only TWO games.

1) They lost their captain and only real star fora good month and a half and he'll be adjusting to a visor for the next couple of weeks.

2) Jeff O'Neill, their second best forward has been injured. Although the injury is not severe, he wil still be prone for a while.

3) They're 0-1-1 and have the worst record in the conference.

4) They lost to their rival and lost a lot of confidence. What more, it was a dirty win and they had the lead in the third period.

5) Their next too best forwards aren't panning out how they thought (who'da thunk?) and are still very injury prone and are unable to try any risky moves near the boards.

6) They've proven to be bad in shootouts during the preseason and against Ottawa.

7) They suffer the disgrace of having their names as the first shootout losers in the history books.

8) They lost to their second rival in the Senators.

Sadly but he'll get hurt soon and he doesn't have many points anyway. It's not likw he stopped from losing all their games.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Let's count all the things that have gone wrong for the TML after only TWO games.

1) They lost their captain and only real star fora good month and a half and he'll be adjusting to a visor for the next couple of weeks.

2) Jeff O'Neill, their second best forward has been injured. Although the injury is not severe, he wil still be prone for a while.

3) They're 0-1-1 and have the worst record in the conference.

4) They lost to their rival and lost a lot of confidence. What more, it was a dirty win and they had the lead in the third period.

5) Their next too best forwards aren't panning out how they thought (who'da thunk?) and are still very injury prone and are unable to try any risky moves near the boards.

6) They've proven to be bad in shootouts during the preseason and against Ottawa.

7) They suffer the disgrace of having their names as the first shootout losers in the history books.

8) They lost to their second rival in the Senators.

Bulis_the_Habbie, well done! I love the Autumn headline.

There is much egg thrown in the faces of Leafland. I hope Sundin and O'Neil injuries are not too bad and they can recover quickly. I don't think it will help on the ice as relying on Matts for everything will lead him to make mistakes.

They really need to panic and let the youth up on the first or second line. Wellwood is a crafty forward and Stajan is a good centre. They scare me....

Alas, the leaf faithful are now calling for Marchment because Coach Cherry wants him. The Leaf Flock have spoken!

Who isn't panning out? Lindros? So far he's doing better then any Leaf fan would've expected. And we all know they expect too much. If Lindros gets a...oh...70 game season (82 is asking too much) he'll be in the top 20 for scoring. I'd say top 10 but he's got ZERO talent surrounding him. It's gonna be a rough year in Leaf Land.

Also, their defensive zone coverage really sucks. I cant imagine why Quinn would play Berg and Belack at that point in the game! Oh, yes, I forgot... they have no depth HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by jetsniper

Who isn't panning out? Lindros? So far he's doing better then any Leaf fan would've expected. And we all know they expect too much. If Lindros gets a...oh...70 game season (82 is asking too much) he'll be in the top 20 for scoring. I'd say top 10 but he's got ZERO talent surrounding him. It's gonna be a rough year in Leaf Land.

jetsniper, it is true that he is getting points but Toronto is not winning. He still has wheels and can get into the other teams zone quickly. When Lindros loses the puck, he cannot keep up with anyone.

Plus the two points that he got on Saturday were as a result of him driving into Montreal's end. Jose gave up early christmas Presents so he got points. I expect Lindros to play around 60-70 games, but it will not help.

He might even get 60 points in the new NHL.

I had a dream last night (no joke) that Sundin miraculously recovered from his injury much sooner than expected, and was in uniform for the game next Saturday against the Habs.

Scary huh? (although unlikely)

The more they lose the happier I am.

~~~

Saw Jean Beliveau last night on a replay of 'tout le monde en parle'. They asked Le Gros Bill who he hated as a player. Beliveau said he hated the Bs and the Wings but he respected them. He wen't on to say that he really hates the leaf, did then, does today. He intimated that any true Habs fan should hate the leaf. I love it when Canadiens' legends speak the truth.

Originally posted by ~moeman

The more they lose the happier I am.

~~~

Saw Jean Beliveau last night on a replay of 'tout le monde en parle'. They asked Le Gros Bill who he hated as a player. Beliveau said he hated the Bs and the Wings but he respected them. He wen't on to say that he really hates the leaf, did then, does today. He intimated that any true Habs fan should hate the leaf. I love it when Canadiens' legends speak the truth.

That's an interesting comment from Beliveau. In a way, it's not the kind of thing I would have expected him to say. I expect that, likely, he feels the same way about the Leafs.

He's a class kind of guy. For him to say that any true Habs fan should hate the Leafs and not have the respect factor in there doesn't seem to fit. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get from having heard him speak over the years. There was always a sort of conciliatory sense to what he said (his stand for Canadian unity during the last referendum, for instance).

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: