Habs Depth Chart on TSN.ca

Makh2o

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but here's how TSN has the habs listed in terms of depth:

Left Wing Centre Right Wing

Alexei Kovalev Mike Ribeiro Michael Ryder

Jan Bulis Saku Koivu Alexander Perezhogin

Niklas Sundstrom Radek Bonk Steve Begin

Tomas Plekanec Chris Higgins Raitis Ivanans

Peter Vandermeer Garth Murray Pierre Dagenais

Andrei Kostitsyn Jonathan Ferland Richard Zednik

Defence Defence

Sheldon Souray Andrei Markov

Craig Rivet Mathieu Dandenault

Francis Bouillon Mike Komisarek

Ron Hainsey Mark Streit

Now I can assume Zed is at the bottom due only to his injuries, but Ribeiro above Koivu??? I wonder what kind of data they use to figure this one out..... They probably just ask Healy for his 'professional' opinion! :)

This list isn't so horrible. Saku is obviously ahead of Ribeiro though. They probably went by how many points they had last season. It looks like that's the standings.

Must be based on reg. season point totals from last year, but that doesn't explain why Perezoghin is #2 at RW, does it?

Vandermeer over Kostitsyn? At this point, Vandermeer only gets a game if Ivanans breaks his leg.

They go by some weird system of injuries and last season's point totals. Rick Nash is at the bottom of Columbus' depth chart.

I always suspected that Zednik was way over-rated! Boy, what poor judgement by the whole Canadiens organization! NOT!

What a joke!

:lol:;):lol:;):lol:

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by simonus

probably placing ribeiro higher because of last years' point totals

Dont think its that, cuz Dagenais is almost at the bottom also, and some are higher listed then him with lesser points last season!

oh well, can't blame a guy for trying... so TSN is inaccurate, I should be less surprised.

PS - http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...thchart.cgi?Mtl is a much better depth chart for reference

[Edited on 10/12/2005 by simonus]