Rookie Scoring Race

BTH

We all have our own opinions on the Calder leader but for the scoring title it is pretty much between Crosby, Ovechkin and Vorobiev. My pick is Vorobiev. If either him or Ovechkin come close to Crosby it shows they had much better seasons because they are both on offensively challenged teams.

There are other greats like Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Alexander Perezhogin and Thomas Vanek (same situation as Vorobiev/Ovechkin) but I can't see any of them besides maybe Vanek winning the race.

Dion Phaneuf is the best defenceman and Kari Lehtonen looks to be the favourite for the goaltending race. But there are several others on the chase such as Cam Ward, Antero Nittymakki, Ryan Miller, Henrik Lundqvist, etc. Miller and Nittymakki are dark horses but the remaining players are my final three.

As of now:

Sydney Crosby 7GP 2G 7A 9P

Pavel Vorobiev 7GP 5G 3A 8P

Alexander Ovechkin 7GP 3G 3A 6P

Anyone else betting on Vorobiev?

I don't understand why you wouldn't include Perezhogin as a possibility here. He may be somewhat of a dark horse but if he stays on the 1st line with K&K and stays healthy, he could end up with an awful lot of points this year and rise up in the candidacy rank.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1980 - quiet year - turned 30

I was about to edit my post and write that Perezhogin has 3G, 3A in 6GP which is better than Perehzogin who has played 7 games. Anyway, it's possible but as you said he's a dark horse.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

:o Bulis! They made a clone of Perez!!! there are twoo ?!?!:D

I know... just the same way they cloned the 'o' in two. :o;):o:lol:

1982 - my grandmother died... THAT was a big family shaking deal for her children and their families - bought our first Toyota (a Corolla wagon) & still drive their cars (super vehicles)

He's up there. Crosby only has 2 more points then him right now but with an extra game played (but Colorado is just starting a game right now so they'll be even after tonight)

And no, he's not benefiting from Sakic and Tanguay. He's on a line with Konowalchuk and Turgeon actually. He's got a couple garbage goals but a goal's a goal.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

You've been driving the same car for 33 years? They had cars back when you were a kid? With what, one wheel?

Well, we didn't call them cars. We called them chariots.

The bottom end ones were lower-lower-income people, it was one-dog powered. Next level, the middle-lower-income poor people, it was one-oxen powered. For upper-lower-income people, it was one-ass powered.

For lower-middle-income people, it was one old-horse power. For middle-middle-income people, it was one middle-aged horse power. For upper-middle-income people it was one at-the-peak-of-his-life horse power.

Now, for the upper-income people, it gets easier... for the lower-upper-income people, it was two at-the-peak-of-their-life horse power. For middle-upper-income people, it was three at-the-peak-of-their-life horse power and for the upper-upper-income people, it was FOUR at-the-peak-of-their-life horse power.

And for the REALLY RICH, it was... you guessed it... foreign-made chariots (made in the land of the teutons, the land of the romans, the land of the rising sun way over the ocean, 130 paddle days away - and THAT was really far, you know... of course, you don't... you weren't around then... how silly of me to ask that question...).

OK?

1985 - A quiet year except for the death of my wife's father - got my Masters of Education

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

This is a post that only you could write. Truly a masterpiece. thank you for those words. Good grief. Is this not Habsworld... better yet,... a thread on the rookie scoring race. Good grief.

I would consider Perezhogin as part of this Calder race. However, Ovechkin is SO impressive.

Wow, and you've lived here all your life? So you were among the few lucky enough to meet Donnaconna! I'm jealous.

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

This is a post that only you could write. Truly a masterpiece. thank you for those words. Good grief. Is this not Habsworld... better yet,... a thread on the rookie scoring race. Good grief.

I would consider Perezhogin as part of this Calder race. However, Ovechkin is SO impressive.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or actually praise.

If it's sarcasm... you're out of the will :mad::D:mad:

If it's actually praise... too bad, you're still out of the will :D:D:D

2010 - Another Space Odyssey (or oddity) post :o:D :eyes: :D:o