Game Thread | Rangers vs. Canadiens | 10/29/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Damnit i can't even go away for a couple of minutes and Rags score 2. Crappy game, so me being here doesn't bring luck either!

shame on you!!! it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!! ;):D;):D;)

I know:lol:

I just got here when the Habs scored 2. Left and got 2 against!(had to clean something here, someone sick here) Oh well, MAKE MORE TEA!!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

so how badly did Jose suck?

not all that badly... the first goal was the result of a good play. the second one was him misreading the trajectory of the puck which was mis-shot by jagr and the third one was a result of a well-directed shot redirection by théodore to a corner that's usually empty and rucinski happens to be there and pots it in at a really bad angle.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

We need to many chances, and have to play so much in the attackzone to get goals. Where are the snipers, we need sneak goal scorers. Dominating and still not winning, something gotta happen. No a trade is not necessary. That's way to early, but guys like Koivu/Kovalev/ryder/Ribeiro have to score much more on so many shots! They have to step up..........

Yeah. How many backups have we made look good this year, in spite of our record?

But the Rangers played a perfect road game, and got the bounces. On the bright side, KKZ is clicking, and I hope Julien keeps the kids line for the next game.

not all that badly... the first goal was the result of a good play. the second one was him misreading the trajectory of the puck which was mis-shot by jagr and the third one was a result of a well-directed shot redirection by théodore to a corner that's usually empty and rucinski happens to be there and pots it in at a really bad angle.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. The bounces just didn't go our way tonight.

well, the game is over and so's the pain... now, it's time to go to the ER, get the treatment needed and to come back for a super re-match

It's very strange but every goaltender we face is on fire. I think it says more about the Habs than about that goaltender. That would be just luck, i think our offence is not performing as it should.

Doesn't Jullien mixes up the lines to much, so you don't get chemistry? WHat do you guys think about that?

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

well, that's all for now... good night and God's peace be with you all.

Good:

- Lundqvist on a dozen shots

- leaf getting hammered, hard

- Heatley in a Sens jersey

- KZK line back in action

Bad:

- JoséT on 2 of 3 goals (someone put a nickel on the needle)

- Habs played maybe 10 solid minutes

- cole wishing for Hasek to lose his shutout

Ugly:

- cherry's ethnic cleansing comments tolerated by cbc

It's weird when I watch a game Theo is palying in, I'm always very uncomfortable, b/c for his entire career as good as he is he let's in soft goals alot, and I don't feel that same discomfort with Danis in net.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Danis is better or sohuld start or anything like that, heck I've only seen Danis in 2 games, but what concerns me is the soft goals by Theo.

not just tonight but over the course of his career

Tough loss cuz it looked like the Habs were gonna tie it. Full marks to Lundqvist. He is a really solid goalie and saved their butt twice with a HUGE save in the third when the Habs were coming on.

The fact the Leafs lost makes the night so much better. Hahaha, that was fun.

Lovley comments about Cherry about how the Leafs should have only Ontario players on their team. Pure racism and bigotry yet of course our loveable CBC tolerates it cuz "don's just being don"...

1) I think we can blame most of this one on Theodore. Danis's a lock for the start on Monday.

2) A solid game by Danis.

3) We outshot them 40-28.

4) Dagenais played well and had a couple of quality chances.

5) I didn't notice Souray much but that can only be good news considering his recent level of play.

6) Markov had a horrible first two periods.

7) Why do our defenceman keep wondering into our own zone when we're cycling the puck in the offensive zone. Souray did it several times against Ottawa and Komisarek follows the All-Star to his side. When the puck's in the other zone and we have possession there's no reason to drift off out of the blueline. I remember one time where Souray was daydreaming and slowly moving into center ice and paying no attention to the pass coming his way.

8) Kovalev had his car stolen.

9) The old first line is back in action. I truly thought we'd win after Kovalev's first goal.

10) Lundqvist. WHAT A NIGHT!

CBC headquarters should be moved to Ottawa. That would end the racists quickly.

A gov't channel having spokesmen openly saying anti-French and Euro comments is disgusting. Cherry holds back a bit on French Canadians but past remarks and bias in his coverage keeps his prejudice alive and well.

No wonder we have seperatists when the national game on the national channel keeps an openly English biggot.

Sorry in advance for the rant, but this is something that on and off again shocks me.

Its like having a KKK doing the sports coverage on CNN. How long would that last!

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by Lister110]

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

I'm glad someone agrees with me. The bounces just didn't go our way tonight.

I would also say that Theodore didn't play badly tonight. He didn't play good, but he din't play bad. He looked average out there.

Let's just face it, everytime the Habs lose, it'll be somehow Theodore's fault, and "Danis should play the next game." Then, when Danis becomes a starter, he'll get the same scapegoat treatment.

Cloutier just finished blowing a game against Colorado (losing 6-2), and Canucks fans were at his defense. Cloutier blew 2 playoff series, and there were Canucks fans in his defense.

Theodore is an MVP, and you've got so-called 'fans' here blaming him after 29 save nights (of 30).

Whether Theodore played well or not Danis would have started the rematch. I wasn't using Theo as a scapegoat I was just saying that he would have needed a truly spectacular game to get ther nod for the next game. I was nowhere near spectacular so has no chance. There's no excuse for the second goal though. The first one wasn't a bad goal but he could have gone for a poke check. Moore is gona be a great stickhandler when he's older. He already is, actually.

It's pretty clear that Theodore isn't earning his salary.

He's not paid near enough to play with that crappy excuse the Habs call "defense."

He's taken average teams to the playoffs, and the 2nd round (twice). I'd say that's amazing enough to earn him that contract.

Considering Theo has never played with a good, consistent All-star defensemen like Martin Brodeur or even Dan Cloutier, I was surprised he didn't leave.

There's no excuse for the second goal though.

That botched shot? He could have stopped it, but probably not. Either way, it was a complete fluke. No goalie in the NHL would have predicted that type of shot from Jagr.

The first one wasn't a bad goal but he could have gone for a poke check.

No, Markov could have gone for a poke check.

Markov could have gone for anything as opposed to what he went for (nothing).

That first goal should have never happened. Moore walked right around him.

I completely disagreed with A Concerned Fans comments about Theodore, and I've written an Email to him about it.

Disgraceful treatment from Habs fans.