Ivanans update?? Any info?

HABZRULE

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Millions think George W Bush is a horrible president yet none of us can do a better job than him.

I understand your point, and it's a good one. But let's call this the exception that proves the rule. Millions can do a better job than Bush.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hahahahaha Mont Royale I think you nailed that right.

Bush and every other politician (Including our Prime Minister) cannot balance a checkbook let alone run government. Money in politician pockets from lobyists run the western world.

How is Yvanans doing ? I dont know but as far as having him with us....I am all for it.

Should our GM built his team on trend and be stylish or on the actual adversity within our division ?

Our division is 100% goon territory.

Yvanans is our response to the problem and could well be an ideal choice as well.

He is not a financial burden a la George Laracque and unlike him or Belak, doesnt burden the line up with a regular shift.

Is a dissuading force, he's there when you need him and he's speak Russian too.

Speed contest showned him to be fastest guy in Hamilton last year,...which included last year's all star speed contest winner, Plekanec.......so he can backshek in a hurry and create distracting situations (being a giant Bouillon like replica) where nobody would ever want to be sandwiched between him and the board on such occasion.

He gives our team good versatility,....and thats all good.

PB - I agree with almost all that you say. I haven't heard anything on Ivanans though. But.... do you really think our division is 100% goon territory? It certainly has had its share of rough stuff in the past, but I think that's an exaggeration. Boston plays physical, but for all their reputation, they aren't that tough. Julien didn't even bother dressing Ivan for the season opener. We know Chara can fight, but he's hardly a goon, and the Senators in general are all skill. Buffalo doesn't play that way, and neither do we. Toronto, with Belak and Domi, comes the closest. But, I don't think any team is doing a lot of fighting anymore. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Well you are wright that fights as been on the decline overal as far as this begining of the season versus last one, ( down 48% ).

Its substantiel, enought to generate speculation as to where all this might be leading.

Aside from speculation, and aside from the fact that this league as broken an all time record for the total weight and size of its players,.... each team of the East division as at least one goon and some as much as 3,. ( Toronto's Belak, Domi and Perrault ).

One goon per team minimum in the East is what makes Yvanans more than a commodity but a neccessity.

Senators already had McNeil in their line-up, yet they brought in McGrattan this year and now that he OK Domi in last game, the page of this rivalry as now turn completely in the Senators advantage with no sign that it will ever come back to what it was for many years.

Boston has that killer goon Orr that has broken three of the toughest goons noses including Belak.

Watched the Buffalo game today and they have two decent goons. Peters that lost in a good fight to McGratton and another guy that beat him. There are tons of goons in our division. We need to have a guy to answer them. Bring back Ivanans. Also we don't want to risk a good defenceman getting injured in a fight. Imagine it was Komi that got Ivanans injury in a fight with Chara! Ivanans is an acceptable risk. Chances are he'll just keep the other team honest unless the game is a blowout.

Fighting might be down in the new NHL, but the intensity of each fight has gone up. There are now supergoons.

Actually Dags was brought in specifically to play with Ribeiro. That was 90% of the reason they got him. Thought everyone knew this as common knowledge. The 2 were a phenomenon in juniors as linemates and they wanted to see if they could recapture that magic in the NHL. It worked to a certain degree last season. It helped Ribeiro have his breakout season so it has to be considered a good move. I think Dags has outlived his usefulness now. Ribeiro has got his confidence and he believes in himself and doesn't need the crutch of his junior linemate anymore. Thanks for the help Dags but you're not needed anymore and this new NHL has outgrown you.

Originally posted by kaos

PB

Torontos third goon is Perrot, not Perrault and it is spelt Ivnanans, not Yvanans

LOL....IVNANANS??? if you're gonna correct someone, at least double check your spelling! :lol:

OK, so 3 pages of replies and still no news on some form of update on BigMan's return. We see Buffalo twice this weekend and I know we could use him but I know it's still too early. Who is going to handle Peters? Komi did ok against Brash but that isn't really where we want Komi to spend 5 min. Some of you think we don't need a "goon" but with the games we have coming up,(2 against Toronto,4 >Sabres in the next month) we will need some muscle. Any input?? Bring up Vandy?? And I am still waiting for my Ivanans update!:hlogo:

I wish Ivanans was ready, Vandermeer is an idiot but if it must be it must be. There should be a disposable idiot on the bench and Vandermeer can play that role. Julian will have to tell him to cool his jets unless there is a real need for him to fight. He pales in comparison to our big fast Lithuanian goon. I like Ivanans also because he is a Euro tough guy and that drives Cherry crazy.

I'd say it's great news. I think when we get a heavyweight on the ice we will be even better. Play him against the tougher teams and scratch him for the passive teams. I want to see some ass kicking!:/)