Jump to content

Ivanans update?? Any info?


HABZRULE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any news on the return of the BigMan? I see that Rats Sundin is starting to practise with the Laffs but I guess he is ok to play with a visor where as Ivanans would not serve his purpose with one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who? Just joking but hey, do we really need a goon. I have an idea, sit Higgins, Dags or Pleks to make room for him, that will be productive won't it. Unneeded goon. new NHL doesn't require one. And I know you Dags bashers will jump on this but ask yourself first how many NHL goals you have scored, then open your virtual mouths. He is there, you aren't Hossa aint, Lambert isn't , and Gainey knows more about hockey then all of us on here put together. Guess he made the team, good enough for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Who? Just joking but hey, do we really need a goon. I have an idea, sit Higgins, Dags or Pleks to make room for him, that will be productive won't it. Unneeded goon. new NHL doesn't require one. And I know you Dags bashers will jump on this but ask yourself first how many NHL goals you have scored, then open your virtual mouths. He is there, you aren't Hossa aint, Lambert isn't , and Gainey knows more about hockey then all of us on here put together. Guess he made the team, good enough for me.

Yes, we do need a goon. McGrattan looks like trouble and you know Toronto is always down for the cheap shots.

And Dagenais is an insult to the 2005 edition of the CH. If you deny that, then you don't know hockey. Plain and simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok Bob, by your statement, Gainey, Jullien and myself know less than you. Enlighten us oh wise one. Hey isnt that Gillette calling you offerring a job in the front office? No prob just your social worker. Arm chair coaching is a gig for beer drinking fools not real hockey men so have fun with it. Like I said , he MADE the team! what does that tell you, that Gainey is a fool? Oh he is averaging a point every 4 games as are Higgins and Bonk, does that make them insults too?

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

ps

Goons are only a hassle if you also dress one, you wont see McGratton against our top line as he would be turned inside out, as for Domi, Komo, Vand, Begin, and a few others on the team could easily handle that old fart, not what he once was. Please think before you type.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

ok Bob, by your statement, Gainey, Jullien and myself know less than you. Enlighten us oh wise one. Hey isnt that Gillette calling you offerring a job in the front office? No prob just your social worker. Arm chair coaching is a gig for beer drinking fools not real hockey men so have fun with it. Like I said , he MADE the team! what does that tell you, that Gainey is a fool? Oh he is averaging a point every 4 games as are Higgins and Bonk, does that make them insults too?  

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

ps  

Goons are only a hassle if you also dress one, you wont see McGratton against our top line as he would be turned inside out, as for Domi, Komo, Vand, Begin, and a few others on the team could easily handle that old fart, not what he once was. Please think before you type.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Don't start... you're biting off way more than you can chew... son.

If you followed the Habs like a real fan you'd know that the only reason that Dagenais is on the team is because of Ribeiro. Everyone on this MB will back me up on that statement. He's getting a shot because of his chemistry with Ribeiro which now seems non-existant in the New-NHL. He'll be gone by December. Wanna bet? Oh wait, you're probably broke as a joke -- nevermind.

As for the McGratton comment, I guess you missed the game last week where he plastered Ribeiro into next week on an illegal hit. Actually, you probably were watching the game... just that head was just up your ***.

And FYI, Vandemeer isn't on the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

ok Bob, by your statement, Gainey, Jullien and myself know less than you. Enlighten us oh wise one. Hey isnt that Gillette calling you offerring a job in the front office? No prob just your social worker. Arm chair coaching is a gig for beer drinking fools not real hockey men so have fun with it. Like I said , he MADE the team! what does that tell you, that Gainey is a fool? Oh he is averaging a point every 4 games as are Higgins and Bonk, does that make them insults too?  

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

ps  

Goons are only a hassle if you also dress one, you wont see McGratton against our top line as he would be turned inside out, as for Domi, Komo, Vand, Begin, and a few others on the team could easily handle that old fart, not what he once was. Please think before you type.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

ah man, would people just quit with the "they are experts, nobody should question experts" crap. Dude, being a fan doesn't mean you should not be critical and mindlessly take everything without making up your mind for yourself. BG and CJ, particularly the first, are great hockey minds, but that doesn't mean they can't be faulted, sometimes even by the casual observant fan who may have a point. Debate on the merits of the arguments, dogmatically refering to authority of experts doesn't bring anything to the table other than stagmatism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw it, so lets see, we should take up that spot on the roster with Ivan so that Chara can bust him up again, that will sure put McGratton in his place, wont it. If I am your son you are over 60, and I doubt that, I work for the second biggest rock band in Canadian history, and unless you are in 6 figures, my salary would make you puke and your wife leave you. Now about hockey, I have followed the Habs for about 40 years, played up to Junior, and raised kids through it. I would never put my mind against Bob Gainey. Yes I know you and a bunch of homophobes on here feel dags is Ribs catcher. What ever you believe must be right. So you think Gainey would sign this guy so that Ribs was happy and not for his abillity. That is an insult to this club and its management, of which you are no part. Hey, Theo had a slow start, lets start a kid instead of him and teach him a lesson. Maybe he should be dealt. Stupid comments on here like this all the time. But, hey, whatever. Vand is on the team, albeit in the minors, 1 call away. Don't know where you all got your send up or down waivers ideas but they are out to lunch and wrong, why didnt we pick up Bochenski last week when he was demoted? Read the rules, it aint that way kids. Okay jr, don't call me son again please or I will teach you a thing or too, unless of course you hire a goon.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McGratton crushed Koivu as well so lets not all start who is the expert here. We all are :):):)

As long as there is hockey there will always be a goon. Habs need to get tough guys back in the lineup as K-REX is the only one taking anyone on. sheldon has to get tough too to back up the scorers.

Until Ottawa got tough, they did NOTHING!

51594342.mad.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry Howie, they won the Presidents Trophy and that aint nothing. tgey had Lalime and that was their downfall, not toughness.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This discussion is giving bad vibrations, but Gainey and Julian did put Ivanans in the line up until he got hurt. I don't think he should be at every game and Dags or whoever they choose not to dress when Ivanans is needed will still dress most of the time.

We need a goon for Ottawa, Toronto, Boston, Philly and probably Carolina. When those teams drop their Belaks, McGrattons, Brashears, Orrs we won't need goons. As long as they have them so do we. We don't want to turn Komi or Souray into a default goon. And the only time we beat Ottawa this year in pre-season was when Ivanans went two rounds with McGratton for the draw. We beat Toronto too when he was there and not when he wasn't. These things seem small but they affect they way the whole team plays. No pro will admit to being intimidated but of course they are when they're up against goons with no one to protect them. Philly won consecutive cups on the idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

I saw it, so lets see, we should take up that spot on the roster with Ivan so that Chara can bust him up again, that will sure put McGratton in his place, wont it. If I am your son you are over 60, and I doubt that, I work for the second biggest rock band in Canadian history, and unless you are in 6 figures, my salary would make you puke and your wife leave you. Now about hockey, I have followed the Habs for about 40 years, played up to Junior, and raised kids through it. I would never put my mind against Bob Gainey. Yes I know you and a bunch of homophobes on here feel dags is Ribs catcher. What ever you believe must be right. So you think Gainey would sign this guy so that Ribs was happy and not for his abillity. That is an insult to this club and its management, of which you are no part. Hey, Theo had a slow start, lets start a kid instead of him and teach him a lesson. Maybe he should be dealt. Stupid comments on here like this all the time. But, hey, whatever. Vand is on the team, albeit in the minors, 1 call away. Don't know where you all got your send up or down waivers ideas but they are out to lunch and wrong, why didnt we pick up Bochenski last week when he was demoted? Read the rules, it aint that way kids. Okay jr, don't call me son again please or I will teach you a thing or too, unless of course you hire a goon.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

I'm not going to continue this banter on much longer because I already won this childish and definitely lopsided argument... but just to tell you... 6 figures isn't impressive. I clear that easy even if I paid taxes. All you've shown is that you're a gopher for a canadian band. Big whoop... you live out in bumble###### and the land value of your house (and the four stilts of wood that it's made out of) is less than it costs to send my two kids to prep-school for a year. What's funny (or sad, depending on which way you look at it) is that's the reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by goHabs2005
Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

ok Bob, by your statement, Gainey, Jullien and myself know less than you. Enlighten us oh wise one. Hey isnt that Gillette calling you offerring a job in the front office? No prob just your social worker. Arm chair coaching is a gig for beer drinking fools not real hockey men so have fun with it. Like I said , he MADE the team! what does that tell you, that Gainey is a fool? Oh he is averaging a point every 4 games as are Higgins and Bonk, does that make them insults too?  

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

ps  

Goons are only a hassle if you also dress one, you wont see McGratton against our top line as he would be turned inside out, as for Domi, Komo, Vand, Begin, and a few others on the team could easily handle that old fart, not what he once was. Please think before you type.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Don't start... you're biting off way more than you can chew... son.

If you followed the Habs like a real fan you'd know that the only reason that Dagenais is on the team is because of Ribeiro. Everyone on this MB will back me up on that statement. He's getting a shot because of his chemistry with Ribeiro which now seems non-existant in the New-NHL. He'll be gone by December. Wanna bet? Oh wait, you're probably broke as a joke -- nevermind.

As for the McGratton comment, I guess you missed the game last week where he plastered Ribeiro into next week on an illegal hit. Actually, you probably were watching the game... just that head was just up your ***.

And FYI, Vandemeer isn't on the team.

Sorry, but not everyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

I saw it, so lets see, we should take up that spot on the roster with Ivan so that Chara can bust him up again, that will sure put McGratton in his place, wont it. If I am your son you are over 60, and I doubt that, I work for the second biggest rock band in Canadian history, and unless you are in 6 figures, my salary would make you puke and your wife leave you. Now about hockey, I have followed the Habs for about 40 years, played up to Junior, and raised kids through it. I would never put my mind against Bob Gainey. Yes I know you and a bunch of homophobes on here feel dags is Ribs catcher. What ever you believe must be right. So you think Gainey would sign this guy so that Ribs was happy and not for his abillity. That is an insult to this club and its management, of which you are no part. Hey, Theo had a slow start, lets start a kid instead of him and teach him a lesson. Maybe he should be dealt. Stupid comments on here like this all the time. But, hey, whatever. Vand is on the team, albeit in the minors, 1 call away. Don't know where you all got your send up or down waivers ideas but they are out to lunch and wrong, why didnt we pick up Bochenski last week when he was demoted? Read the rules, it aint that way kids. Okay jr, don't call me son again please or I will teach you a thing or too, unless of course you hire a goon.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

the homophobes comment wasn't necessary, appropriate or constructive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He already is back on the second.

Ivanans won't be a permanent starter but neither should Dags be. Maybe every 4 games or so Ivanans should play. I don't think he did badly against Chara. It was a draw if it hadn't been for the cheap shot and how many other guys in the league do you know that can take Chara down. And he fought well against McGrattan. He isn't a bad enforcer, you know.

But I'm not saying Dagenais is a great player. It's alright to criticise him even if he's better than me. Millions think George W Bush is a horrible president yet none of us can do a better job than him. Yet the claim is very possibly valid. In the same way we criticise Dags's play. He's better than us but not better than anyone else on his team. He definitely doesn't belong ona second line but since he can't play defence it's his best fit right now. If Dagenais starts playing badly again, Dandenault will probably take his spot and Streit will be thrown in.

And Vandermeer isn't on theteam. Neither does he have a chance of playing this year. He's the #2 enforcer. If one is useless, what good is a second?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Sorry Howie, they won the Presidents Trophy and that aint nothing. tgey had Lalime and that was their downfall, not toughness.  

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

SORRY johnnyhasbeen I have to RESPECTFULLY disagree that is nothing. When did Ottawa last make a Stanley Cup final appearance? That would impress me more.

I have to agree with your Lalime analogy as he was a one hit wonder. The bottom line is they did not have the tough guys to back up Hossa and his friends. Just could not beat Toronto.

I see your point about the new NHL but it is slowly drifting back to the dark side.....oh the evil dark side...

Just my 2 cents as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by simonus

c'mon guys... this is a hockey board.  I make $0 per year... so make of that what you will.

Get a haircut and a real job you hippie! Go to law school or something and get rid of those sideburns. :lol:

[Edited on 2005/11/2 by Rooster]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Don't know where you all got your send up or down waivers ideas but they are out to lunch and wrong, why didnt we pick up Bochenski last week when he was demoted? Read the rules, it aint that way kids.  

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by johnnyhasbeen]

Actually, there are rules regarding the movement of players to and from the minors. A player with 3yrs or less of Professional Experience (NHL, AHL, etc) can be transfered without a problem. However, should a player, like Dagenais or Vandermeer, have more than 3yrs of experience, they have to clear waivers before being sent down, and again clear waivers before being recalled.

Should they be claimed off of waivers, the team losing the player is responsible for 50% of the salary.

Bochensky doesn't meet the 3yr requirement, he therefore did not have to clear waivers. As you said... "read the rules"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Millions think George W Bush is a horrible president yet none of us can do a better job than him.

I understand your point, and it's a good one. But let's call this the exception that proves the rule. Millions can do a better job than Bush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...