Is this a joke?

option+

Not a Joke and I saw a repot on the Score that showed hoe excited he is to be the GM. He wont take grumpy players only players who really want and desire to play in the international enviornment.

i was just thinking yesterday about the playing the panthers and remembered how one game a couple years ago when Pavel was still playing for them. we had pulled our goalie, and he got the puck on a breakaway and took a slapshot from the behind the blueline. i was amazed/insulted.

Originally posted by option+

http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=141598...98&hubName=main

Pavel Bure will be Russia's GM for the Olympics.  

Not to be dismissive... and perhaps I'm not aware of ... but ????  I don't know, Bure never seemed like management material to me.  Interesting.

I guess you didn't know....Of the family business.

From 1815-1917, the family made precious watches for the tsars. The dynasty's founder, Swiss watchmaker Eduard Bure, is said to have been the first to attach a tiny strap to a watch so that it could be worn on the wrist. In 1996, Bure presented 3 of the 50 gold replicas of the company's last model to then-Russian President Boris Yeltsin, Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin and Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov.

AMAZING player no doubt, but he was a quite a problem in Vancouver where among other things I think he sat for almost a whole year.

Kovalev had reserves conscerning his nomination,...he thought that he might be too young......could be a polite way to say plainly that he's no proper material (caractere) for the job.

I could have knowned much more about Bure since I was living in Vancouver during all his time there.....but as you might suspect from me I stayed away from the GM place except for once a year..... when the Canadiens where coming over.