Unhungry Habs?

Rooster

Anybody else getting the feeling that, maybe since the end of the Flyers game two weeks ago, the Habs seem to have lost some of their early season hunger and drive? They seem to be playing much more complacent games lately and I'm seeing that as worrisome.

Two players that come to mind when reading this post would be Perezhogin and plekanec....I know there both on the 4th line with little ice time, but still i just dont see or feel the hunger from these two anymore???As for higgins here is a kid who is getting more hungery every game so at the same time becoming a better player every game! What a treat to watch.....

Originally posted by habs#4,9,10,33

Two players that come to mind when reading this post would be Perezhogin and plekanec....I know there both on the 4th line with little ice time, but still i just dont see or feel the hunger from these two anymore???As for higgins here is a kid who is getting more hungery every game so at the same time becoming a better player every game! What a treat to watch.....

Agree on Plekanec. Zhogie had been sick, and has been given precious little ice time, so it's tough to say. I thought he had some jump last night, so hopefully he'll get more minutes soon.

I think they are or have been lazy for the last 3 games for sure.

Anytime Bonk is your leader in shots on goal like last night vs Pitts, you have to wake up a bit and notice something is wrong.

Originally posted by Rooster

Anybody else getting the feeling that, maybe since the end of the Flyers game two weeks ago, the Habs seem to have lost some of their early season hunger and drive? They seem to be playing much more complacent games lately and I'm seeing that as worrisome.

Worrisome and than some.

This Canadien's early-post cap edition should play its game with the same work ethics that was mandatory to the lighty offensivelly loaded Canadien of the pre-cap era.

I mean we are not the Senators nor the Canadien dynasty of the 70...how can we afford to start playing only in the third,...or get as much penaltys as the other teams ?

Julien's plans was for the team to start strong in their last two matches.......but the team never did.

Is it above their ability or are they short on juice(thight schedule)?

One way or the other Julien will need to find out and plan accordingly.

This team is NOT the last word in any kind of department and as to make up for it by out-savvying the other team.

Our hight position on the eastern-front could be detrimental if we are not carefull......I am still quit surprised at the standing specially that we have not been as disciplined as it is possible to be.

Yeah i say start the players like Hggins and Ryder who look to

have the hunger right from the beginning. I know Koivu is playing hurt, Zednik was doing some crashing toward the net, and Kovelev didn't play as well as we know he can. The first line was not our best line last night. We gotta come at them harder with our second line as our first just until the first line is up to par

Originally posted by Mont Royale

Is 'unhungry' a word?

"No, thanks, I'm unhungry."

Nope.

Maybe it should be 'satisfied', 'sated', or 'full'!

"The Habs were too full last night."

There, that's better.

Nope, made that one up. Thought it was figuratively better than alternatives. It's Rooster talk. Sorry.