Bob McCown's favourite team is the Canadiens

shortcat1

I don't know if this warrants a whole thread but, I'm watching/listening to Prime Time with Bob McCown and he and his assistant (whatever his name) are praising Montreal as to place to visit, a place which is alive, a place which is on the rise.

On top of that McCown, who was raised in Hamilton and was a Red Wings fan growing up, announces that the Montreal Canadiens are his favourite team.

He's amazed at the way they've 'come out of the gate' and how exciting they are. That must be quite the thing for a media guy in the middle of Leafsland.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

It is a complete shock to me that Bob McCown would admit this. Although it's nice to hear...

He's probably Canada's foremost sport-radio personality. He is broadcast throughout Canada. His sportstalk program is carried by radio stations in all big markets across Canada. The radio program is also broadcast nation wide on Sportsnet TV.

He also hosts a TSN program, The Business of Sport. This show is reputable, and has been around for many years.

He broadcasts from the heart of LeafLand. Great to hear he's a Habs fan but I never would have guests it considering how little attention he pays to them on his shows.

VIGGO MORTENSON is a Habs fan too.....He was wearing a habs jersey during a shoot in Toronto, and the whole camera crew was pissed at him because they were all leaf fans.......so Viggo would show up everyday for the entire week with his habs jersey on........

just thought you guys might find that funny.........

Yeah, we had that article in the News section a couple of months ago.

If you want to here something funny then I was just watching TSn and saw that Tie Domi is the star of the Sportscentre commercial.

Great thread Dad.

You must definitely be sipping a little too much of that Champagne.

You better stop hanging around that Ottawa Sens crowd you've become acquainted with. They are a bad influence on you.

Good Grief.

:hlogo:

P.S I say this respectfully realizing my contributions to this website are nothing in comparison to yours and many of you out there.

Originally posted by habzz22

That was Steven Brunt of the Globe and Mail who made those comments, not Bob Mcowan. "The Bobcat" was off sick today, and Elliot Freidman and Steven Brunt were filling in. Still, they were very favourable comments towards Montreal and the Habs.

Crap... :wall: I'm so embarrassed. :wall::wall:...

For some reason or other, I thought that that guy was McCown... I should have known, I've watched this program a number of times before.... :wall::wall:

Only excuse that I can think of is that my concentration was divided between watching the program and doing my report card comments.... :wall::wall::wall:

I'd better reread my comments... it'd be REALLY embarrassing to have some parent come and say: "Uh.. what does Bob McCown have to do with my daughter's gym mark?" or "Why is it so important to love visiting Montreal in your class?" :wall::wall::wall:

That would be a double 'doh'se of pie in the face...:eyes::nono::eyes:

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by habzz22

That was Steven Brunt of the Globe and Mail who made those comments, not Bob Mcowan. "The Bobcat" was off sick today, and Elliot Freidman and Steven Brunt were filling in. Still, they were very favourable comments towards Montreal and the Habs.

Crap... :wall: I'm so embarrassed. :wall::wall:...

For some reason or other, I thought that that guy was McCown... I should have known, I've watched this program a number of times before.... :wall::wall:

Only excuse that I can think of is that my concentration was divided between watching the program and doing my report card comments.... :wall::wall::wall:

I'd better reread my comments... it'd be REALLY embarrassing to have some parent come and say: "Uh.. what does Bob McCown have to do with my daughter's gym mark?" or "Why is it so important to love visiting Montreal in your class?" :wall::wall::wall:

That would be a double 'doh'se of pie in the face...:eyes::nono::eyes:

hahahahaaha shortcat1 welcome to my world. I can teach you finer points of putting one's foot in mouth and extraction methods.

Bobcat is the only T-DOT personality that does not pander to the Leafs, Bluejays, Rock, or the Raptors. This makes him unique in a city of MakeBeLeafs!:)