Game Thread | Capitals vs. Canadiens | 11/19/05 | 7:00 p.m.

les_glorieux

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta should be an easy win and hopefully a blowout. If we lose or come close to the Thrashers we know 100% there's something wrong with us.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Thrashers have a good offence, and defence seems to be our problem so it's gonna be a hard night!! We will see.

Damn BTH your positive ;), shut down Ovechkin. Not many teams that can say that :D

This is a one-man team. We stopped the man but not the team.

JLP, did you ran out of Tea?

hehehe drank too much -- but a new kind, hmmm?

hey did yo uknow Semmy Schilt won the K-1 GP last night? Good for Holland they win again!

All I can say about this, for what it's worth to you guys/gals, is that this was just 'one of those games'.

By that I mean that not a whole lot goes right for one team (ours tonight) and pretty well everything goes well for the other team.

I remember some baseball games when, at the time they were really struggling, the Blue Jays would beat the Yankees with scores like 19 - 2 or something like that. This is the same thing. At some games the Jays would beat a better team even when they were outplayed. It was just that every hit was a timely hit whereas the ones for the Yankees wouldn't quite be at the right time.

Bottom line... ehhhhh, stuff happens. Big deal. :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I've been watching K1 fighting this evening on Eurosport. Some Sumo guy took it up against the 2.18 tall Korean. He got kicked big time, real funny. And saw also some other matches (in Macau i believe)

Erneste Host quit??

Normally i dont follow it that close, i know holland is good @ it!

Yeah, we're dropping.

In our last 5 games we're 1-2-2. If we can get atleast 5 points out of the next 4 games that would be nice.

He didn't play so well tonight. He was playing third line so naturally he had less ice time. Also, he had new linemates so he seemd kind of invisible.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

He didn't play so well tonight. He was playing third line so naturally he had less ice time. Also, he had new linemates so he seemd kind of invisible.

I know, he plays on 3th and don't get much icetime. Thats what i dont get, he gotta get up on the second line!

And i also think this mixing up the lines all the time doesnt make us better. Ok we have to sometimes to injuries. But keep the best lines the same as possible!(just like in soccer, changes are not always good)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I know, he plays on 3th and don't get much icetime. Thats what i dont get, he gotta get up on the second line!

And i also think this mixing up the lines all the time doesnt make us better. Ok we have to sometimes to injuries. But keep the best lines the same as possible!(just like in soccer, changes are not always good)

Woah, woah, woah , woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!!!

...You've gotta leave room for Bulis on the second line.:king:

I've been watching K1 fighting this evening on Eurosport. Some Sumo guy took it up against the 2.18 tall Korean. He got kicked big time, real funny. And saw also some other matches (in Macau i believe)

Erneste Host quit??

Oh you are watching an old tournament -- last night was the 2005 GP Final in Tokyo and the Dutch fighter Schilt won the Championship.

Yes Hoost quit I think

Schilt Won

Atlanta is getting blown out every game. Yes tonight was an easy win and this should be another one. Hopefully we'll make this one easy.

I think you have to mix up the lines at this point to find some chemistry. After watching the last few games, i would like to see Ryder get to play with Koivu, he is our best set up man and with Kovy out, Ryder is our best shooter / finnisher.

Zednik has been dissapointing and floating, Ribs should only play on the power play, Dags and STREIT should be in Long Beach at the best. Next game, I would like to see

Bulis Koivu Ryder

Plekanek Bonk Zednik

HIggins Begin Sundstrom

Zhogs Ribs Dags (very little ice time if any for tihs trio as a hole)

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Erneste Host quit??

Oh you are watching an old tournament -- last night was the 2005 GP Final in Tokyo and the Dutch fighter Schilt won the Championship.

Yes Hoost quit I think

Schilt Won

Yes Eurosport always has the old stuff!

Did you write that story?

Funny thing, those ducth guys are huge in Japan, but not in their own country. Totally not famous, and in Japan they can't walk on the streets without being noticed. The sports is very small here!

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

I think you have to mix up the lines at this point to find some chemistry. After watching the last few games, i would like to see Ryder get to play with Koivu, he is our best set up man and with Kovy out, Ryder is our best shooter / finnisher.

Zednik has been dissapointing and floating, Ribs should only play on the power play, Dags and STREIT should be in Long Beach at the best. Next game, I would like to see

Bulis Koivu Ryder

Plekanek Bonk Zednik

HIggins Begin Sundstrom

Zhogs Ribs Dags (very little ice time if any for tihs trio as a hole)

I'd love to see Bulis play with Koivu. That's a good first line but IMO Zednik is playing well and will probably stay on the first line. And Julien refuses to move Ribeiro off the second for some reason.