~ Thornton a Shark!!! ~

~moeman

I don't know what all the love for Thornton is for here. Isn't he the same wuss who played with cracked ribs and let his team down? He was sub par in a series because he was hurt, and it showed. Every time they showed him limping about they'd say, "well, he does have cracked ribs..." Hmmm. Who else was playing with cracked ribs???

You can't compare Thornton with Saku. Saku is tough as nails. Thornton is big soft and plush.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all dislike the Bruins (?)

But they just made a no-brainer. Big Joe isn't perfect but one of the reason we like him less is the fact that he was a Bruin. Now he's not and over a night Habs fan will start to see him as the hockeyplayer he is.

I guess the same goes for Lindros, but the other way around. First we hated him since he wasn't willing to play in Quebec. Then he becomes a Leaf and Lindros will always be Baby Lindros with my Blue, White and Red glasses on.

Imagine if Sean Avery had said what he did about Toronto natives. Who in here would not have cheered?

Originally posted by mrgodo

I don't know what all the love for Thornton is for here. Isn't he the same wuss who played with cracked ribs and let his team down? He was sub par in a series because he was hurt, and it showed. Every time they showed him limping about they'd say, "well, he does have cracked ribs..." Hmmm. Who else was playing with cracked ribs???

You can't compare Thornton with Saku. Saku is tough as nails. Thornton is big soft and plush.

True. Thornton's only won one playoff series in his life and considering he's Boston's franchise you'd expect him to take them somewhere beyond the first round in his 7 year stay.