WJHC Selection Camp

option+

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=145812

TSN's "sources" say that Wojtek Wolski won't be getting the call, but that Angelo Esposito will.

I don't know what Brent Sutter doesn't like about Wolski, but if this is true it's completely ridiculous. Wolski has proven he can play in the NHL. How is he not good enough to play at the WJHC?

Wolski is just another in a huge group of young Canadian junior stars who never got a shot at the WJC.

Cleary, Marleau, Beech, Locke, and now Wolski...

Hopefully Latendresse, Price and Chip are on the list. I cannot see why they wouldn't be.

[Edited on 2005/12/5 by Leafs Suck]

What the hell? Why not? He was great with us, he never even deserved to be sent back to the juniors. Now Kono is out for the season and it's come back to bite us in the ass.

I was hoping he would atleast get a shot at the WJC. Last time I checked, he was tearing it up with Brampton. Wolski DESERVES to be on that team. Probably more then a few people who will make it. I've never been a huge fan of the Sutters by this just takes the cake. Absurd.

Not eveyone can go. As Blair Mackasey said it would be easy to pick all the top point getters in each league and equal representation from each one, however they want players to fill certain roles and some of the guys that are left off are probably not at the top of the depth chart for a particular role. People will always question the selections.

they also know that their team will not be hugely dominant like last time..giving guys like brassard and esposito a chance to make the team gives them amore experienced and dangerous squad next time around.. and since it will probably be sutter again tapped for the job....well 2 golds and a 3rd of 4th finish in 3 years is better than a gold and two bronzes.

n'est pas