habs prospect at WJC

MAK

I know that we players looking for jobs with team canada this year. but what about the other countries??

we coould see Emelin with team russia and Mikus with team slovakia but do we have other prospects in this tournament??

Hey, all! I'm a long time reader of the HabsWorld forum and a first time contributor. Went to the Pacific Colisuem to watch the World Junior Intersquad game tonight. Here are some of my impressions of our prospects:

Latendresse (team red): Whole Red team took the night off as team white was all over them outshooting them 28-17. No one stood out for Team Red, even Latendresse. He did have one shot on goal and did some nice work in front of the net and along the boards, but Team White was simply overpowering on this night. IMO will definitely make the team on number 1 or 2 line

Chipchura: chipped in with an assist and played well on a line with Dave Bolland, who looked great tonight. Chipchura was fantastic on one powerplay as he was able to plant himself in front of the goalie repeatedly, which eventually lead to a goal (no assist on that one, but all because of him). IMO definitley make team... 3rd or 4th line, but who knows, he seems to work well with Bolland.

Price: Faced only 17 shots, of which only 6 were tough saves. The one he let in, he thought he had it somewhere in his equipment and there seemed to be a slow whistle. The puck eventually fell out to of course a "johnny-on-the-spot" (Downie), who pushed it in to a wide open net. Other than that he made everything look easy and was particulalry brilliant on three other shots . Best word to describe Price is poise. Never seemed rattled or nervous. IMO #1 goalie for Team Canada.

Other guys on the team that stood out: Defenceman Letang, but in a bad way. He kept getting beat by speedy forwards on the outside. Esposito: (Quick, crafty has a shot at making it). Ellis looked bad even when the D wasn't letting him down (3 bad goals): Everyone on Team White looked fantastic, particularly Bolland.

Thanks for the report, and welcome to the forum.

Seems like the habs have a good chance of having 3 players on the team, and possibly players with significant roles (Chipchura could be the captain, Price could be the #1 goalie)

it'll be interesting to see who gets the captaincy for Team Canada. As Habs fans its easy to say that Chipchura should be that guy because the one quality that was hyped about him more than any others when he was drafted was his leadership, and ability to be a potential captain. I wonder if that's something that is seen from outside of the organization as well. Only time will tell.

That being said I think with Price's performance yesterday there's a very good chance at us having 3 players on Team Canada for the tourney.

Originally posted by puck7x

Thanks for the report, and welcome to the forum.

Seems like the habs have a good chance of having 3 players on the team, and possibly players with significant roles (Chipchura could be the captain, Price could be the #1 goalie)

There is no way Price will take the #1 spot, I believe Pogge the leafs draft pick will get the starter role.

Although I don’t know if he will keep it.

If Pogge does get the role and does not start well Price may end up being the go to guy in Vancouver.

I would love for Price to be the starter but I just don’t believe it is in the cards for him to receive that role heading into the tournament.