SEPT 14th CAMP REPORT...

puck7x

Sept 14th - (Pierrefonds)

camp_sep24_1.jpg

:hlogo: Day 3 of on-ice practices/scimmages , here is my report... :hlogo:

I first went to the red team practice. The practice was being instructed by Guy Charron (pretty sure) , he did the usual drills with the players (same as yesterday) , one on one puck-defense , breakaways , the pass-off-the-boards-to-yourself and go in on a breakaway drill , 3-way passing and shooting drill , forward-vs-defender/goalie drill , and 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's...

Balej was impressive and caught my eye during a few drills , his speed allowed him to get to the outside of Komisarek , though he didnt score. Another player who was impressive was S.Blouin of all people , he scored about 4 goals in various drills (more then anyone else).

<hr>

INTER-SQUAD GAME #3 - RED vs BLUE (actually wearing white)

BLUE(wearing white)

Dwyer - Gratton - Audette

Ryder - Koivu - Hossa

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Thinel

Markov - Flood

Cote - Rivet

Bouillon - Archer

Theodore

Michaud

RED

Sundstrom - Juneau - Balej

Blouin - Ribeiro - Zednik

Milroy - Bulis - Lapierre

Marois

Shasby - Quintal

Dykhuis - Komisarek

Traverse - Villeneuve

Garon

Bergiven-Robinson

SCORING SUMMARY

-----------------------------

White 1-0 : Perezhogin from Plekanec and Thinel (Nice setup by Plekanec , Perezhogin got the rebound on a Thinel shot and scored)

White 2-0 : Ryder from Koivu (nice deke by Ryder)

White 3-0 : Ryder from Koivu (Nice cross-ice pass by Koivu , Ryder one-timer goal, nice shot)

Red 3-1 : Blouin (Blouin stole the puck from Ryder , went in alone on Jose and scored on a precise shot)

Red 3-2 : Quintal (Might of been deflected , not sure if Quintal got it)

White 4-2 : Bouillon (Easy goal , goalie was helpless , Bouillon shoots into half-empty net)

White 5-2 : Ryder (Completes the hatrick with a mucker goal , sloppy defense by Komo/Dykhuis on red team)

My 3 STARS (Borrowing this idea from someone else :) )

--------------

1)Ryder

2)Koivu

3)Komisarek

More to follow....

:ghg:

[Edited on 2003/9/14 by puck7x]

The inter-squad game was played at a very high-tempo today , it was a lot less choppy then yesterdays game. The round-robin portion of the inter-sqaud tourny is over with all teams finishing with 1 win each , the championship game is on Monday .... But I am not sure which 2 teams will play in it (maybe it goes by total goals?)

camp_sep24_2.jpg

Now some comments on the players.

Theodore : Wasnt tested much , but made the stops when he needed to , only allowed the one goal that Blouin scored.

Komisarek : Very physical today. Was able to play with a physical edge without compromising his defensive position , unlike yesterday he stayed mostly in his zone today. During the 2nd half of the game he welcomed Alex Perezhogin to the NHL with a colossus hit in the corner , he literally flipped Perezhogin over (hit of the game) , he was also involved in a light-tussle with Plekanec in front of the net , Plekanec got a tad to close to the goalie for Komisarek's liking , and after a couple of cross-checks I think Plekanec got the message. He was on the ice for 2 of the blue teams goals and made a few sloppy plays (along with his partner Dykhuis) , but all in all he played a strong game.

Ryder : Isnt afraid to get his nose dirty , is a hard worker. Benefited by playing with Koivu today as he scored 3 goals. Has a great shot.

Koivu : Made it look easy today , played like a man among boys.

Hossa : The weak-link of the Ryder/Koivu line . Very lazy player , was cherrypicking a few times , on the bright side he did go chase after a few pucks in the corner.

Perezhogin : Had a poor 1st half of the game (The goal he scored was mainly due to Plekanec's work). Improved his play in the 2nd half , went strong to the net a couple of times , isnt afraid to mix it up with the big boys. Has deceptive speed and great excelleration. Is a very small player , looks tiny out there (smaller then listed size)

Ribeiro : Didnt play his strongest game . Is a very smart player , always thinking , had a couple of steals on the defensive end.

Archer : Looks HUGE , looks bigger then Komisarek. Played a rough physical game , flattened Sundstrom on one play. Played a stay at home solid game , few if any mistakes. Quality skater.

Plekanec : Played a strong game. Carried his line for 1st half and alot of the second , very shifty player , good hockey sense... But he has a very poor weak shot.

Higgins : Was NOT involved in the game . But I went to the white-team practice after the game , Higgins has a great hard/accurate shot (Its really something to see in person , instead of reading about it) . Makes very accurate tape-to-tape passes , performed well in the one-on-one defensive drills. Very good soft hands.

Hainsey : Was also NOT in the game. Hainsey looks a big bigger and thicker then last year , more filled-out or something. Showed some good physicality , although he got overpowered one or two times.

[Edited on 2003-9-14 by puck7x]

Here is a numerical roster I made myself , might be useful to those of you (habs77/habby) who are thinking about (planning to..) go to training camp...

Here you go... might be one or two errors , if so maybe someone else who went to camp could correct them.

3 - JP. Cote

5 - S.Quintal

8 - M.Komisarek

11 - S.Koivu

17 - J.Ward

20 - R.Zednik

24 - A.Dackell

25 - C.Kilger

26 - P.Dagenais

27 - S.Blouin

28 - K.Dykhuis

30 - M.Garon

31 - E.Fichaud

32 - G.Dwyer

34 - B.Carpentier

35 - T.Plekanec

36 - F.Beauchemin

37 - N.Sundstrom

38 - J.Bulis

40 - M.Lapierre

42 - A.Perezhogin

43 - P.Brisebois

44 - S.Souray

46 - B.Gratton

47 - S.Villeneuve

48 - M.Lambert

51 - F.Bouillon

52 - C.Rivet

53 - C.Urquhart

54 - P.Traverse

55 - B.McLellan

59 - P.Plante

60 - J.Theodore

62 - D.Milroy

63 - C.Larrivee

65 - R.Hainsey

67 - M.Flood

71 - M.Ribeiro

73 - M.Ryder

74 - MA.Thinel

76 - J.Balej

79 - A.Markov

81 - M.Hossa

82 - D.Audette

83 - A.Archer

85 - M.Shasby

86 - J.Ferland? (90% sure..)

88 - C.Higgins

90 - J.Marois

91 - J.Juneau

94 - Y.Perreault

95 - O.Michaud

JF.Damphousse and M.Bergiven-Robinson both did not have numbers , at least when I saw them they were in black number-less jersies

[Edited on 2003/9/15 by puck7x]

2 days running... how long can he keep it up?

:clap:

When does camp end? When does preseason start? When do people start getting cut and assigned to teams? When does BG trade some bums? A bum?

:eyes:

Have fun tomorrow

[Edited on 2003/9/15 by TheAussiePosse]

I cant wait for the season to begin!

This year is going to be a rebuilding year, but it should be exciting to see all the great young players of the Habs future!! With these great young players like Ward Higgins, Ryder, komo, Hainsey and Perezhogin on the way another Dynasty is just around the corner:hlogo:

Ryder is a real good player, he's proven it at ever level so far..Hopefully he'll get a chance to prove he belongs with the big boys!