Habs make Cuts

montreal

Lambert, Lapierre, Urquhart, Flood, Robinson, Thinel are cut, with up to 8 others cut as well, just no word yet on who the others are.

Bulldogs start their camp on Monday at 2 pm.

My guess is that Carpeniter, Plante, Blouin, Cote, Villeneuve, Larrivee, Marois were the other cuts. Hopefully not MacLellan. :hlogo:

The 4 juniors were sent back to their teams:

Cory Urquhart, Maxim Lapierre, Michael Lambert & Mark Flood.

Among the other cuts, goalie Marc Bergevin-Robinson (no surprise he was awful yesterday) & forward Marc-André Thinel.

The others are defensemen Jean-Philippe Côté (huge but way too immobile & slow), Philppe Plante, Brent MaClellan, Matt Shasby & Steeve Villeneuve, as well as forwards Christian Larivée, Jérôme Marois et Duncan Milroy.

(MaClellan & Shasby did well, I also like Marois on offense... the others I didn't notice)

[Edited on 16-9-03 by Habs77]

So real surprises , the junior players being cut was a no-brainer... Plus the ECHL types like Thinel and company being cut was also not a surprise...

I figured we'd keep Shasby up for another week , guess not...

A lot of the names didn't really surprise me, except for Shasby and Milroy. I thought Milroy would get into an exhibition game or two. The juniors were no surprise at all, and Marois/Thinel are border-line AHL'ers at the moment, and Larrivee and Co will be preparing for training camp in Hamilton sometime in the next week (20th I think).

Still plenty of more cuts to happen...

I really like Marois... needs to improve of course, but I liked his game as well as his decent size.

As for one who made the cut, Ferland is the one that impressed me the most. I only saw him in practice (his team didn't play Monday) but he kept making nice goals on every drill.

He was leaps and bounds better than the other youngsters at that practice.. Dagenais, Larivee etc...

But he looked pretty small... so he needs to get quicker if he wants to make it, but he has the hands and that's something you can't teach.

Glad he made the cut... I'll be keeping an eye on what he does in Hamilton this year.

Originally posted by Habs77

I really like Marois... needs to improve of course, but I liked his game as well as his decent size.

As for one who made the cut, Ferland is the one that impressed me the most. I only saw him in practice (his team didn't play Monday) but he kept making nice goals on every drill.

He was leaps and bounds better than the other youngsters at that practice.. Dagenais, Larivee etc...

But he looked pretty small... so he needs to get quicker if he wants to make it, but he has the hands and that's something you can't teach.

Glad he made the cut... I'll be keeping an eye on what he does in Hamilton this year.

Ferland it listed as 6'2 210, not very small. :?-

Marios was demoted from the ECHL or loaned. (the CHL is slightly lower then the E) He had a brutal season last year and was very unpreductitive after a deent season with the Sea Wolves of Missisippi (ECHL) and was one of their leading scorers in the playoffs (they lost to the cup winners in the semi finals off the top of my head)

Originally posted by montreal

Ferland it listed as 6'2 210, not very small. :?-

I know!.. the whole time I was looking at him on the ice I kept wondering if we had 2 Ferland's in our system.

I knew that the Ferland I knew about was supposed to be a big guy, but this guy looked averaged size at best I swear.

Ok, so he was playing on the same ice in practice as Dagenais, Larrivée, Kilger, Ward... so that might have made him look smaller than he is.

But still, this guy's height & weight are exagerated IMO... Perreault looked just as big as him.

He looks more like 6'1'', 195lbs... and I'm being very generous.

The guy I saw is no power forward... believe me, but he does have great finish around the net.

The Habs need that desperately.

Marios was demoted from the ECHL or loaned.  (the CHL is slightly lower then the E)  He had a brutal season last year and was very unproductitive after a deent season with the Sea Wolves of Missisippi (ECHL) and was one of their leading scorers in the playoffs (they lost to the cup winners in the semi finals off the top of my head)

I know this guy is no blue-chipper, but he had good size, good skill. He needs to be quicker to make the NHL, but at least the rest of his game looked good.

Although I only saw him one day, maybe I caught him on a good day ;)