Game Thread | San Jose Vs. Montreal | 01/14/06

Spider-Man NL

The third is where i think we will see the real difference in coaching as under Julien a lead like tihs would be pure...sit back and protect, whereas i think Gainey will balance more, maybe not all out attack but he won't let them sit back the same way.

agreed - i can't see the boys laying back tonight with who's in back of them B)

Edited by shortcat1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thornton is invisible tonight, and Bulis is playing some great hockey.

he's being covered well by the bulis-bonk line - very nice :):)

toskala's playing well - i hope so because the sharks gave away kiprusof (spelling?) so as to keep him

i hope he's worth it.

Edited by shortcat1

t65455n725v.jpg

i bought that same dvd for my grandchildren - for when they visit - ultimately BORINGGGG (for me, anyway)

Edited by shortcat1

putting théodore in nets was a good idea - make him perform - challenge him :):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Great game by the Habs! Too bad that last goal went in.. but good to finally score and SCORE!

Zednik's wrist/thumb looked like it was pretty bad. Guys on CJAD said the thumb (left) might be broken.

Should be interesting to see what other things develope by next game w/ Gainey and Carbo running the show now.

6 special team goals. Wow!

Markov: 2 goals, 2 assists

Higgins: 1 goal, 1 assist

Streit: 1 goal, 1 assist

Bulis: 1 goal, 1 assist

Ribeiro: 1 goal, 1 assist

Bonk: 2 assists

Kovalev: 2 assists

I think Bonk should have been a star over Theodore and Kovalev. Great game from him. I'm excited to see how the defensive pair help out our PK (2 shorthanders tonight).

Higgins's goal almost made me faint. Highlight of the Night, baby!

On a more negative note, Komisarek looked very bad tonight.

great game by the habs

i hope this game marks the turning point in the habs return to the top!!!

Wonderful night...

Jose returns to form, Bonk plays exceptionally well, special teams rocked, we chased out NABOKOV, Streit delivers, Leafs blow a 3 goal lead, Markov steps up, Ribs takes hits for the greater good... I could go on and on...

Let's hope this continues! IN BOB WE TRUST!

:hlogo:

i honestly did not think jose looked good. down early and score to the top. he has got to stand up more. the rest of the team looked great. they had more jump and seemed to remember to check.

The Leafs blew a 3 goal lead? Any details on the score and game?

My favourite play in NHL history happened tonight when Bulis scored and at the same time Ribeiro got nailed. :D Strong game for everyone tonight. Except that I have to agree that Theodore looked a little bit shaky. But it was the right call. Gainey wanted to show Theodore that he had faith in him and Theo responded pretty well.

I'm telling you guys take it easy on the whole "Theo's back" thing........He was never there!!!!!! Just like the Fyers and always a sure bet ...............CHOKE.

Let's hope he finishes this season on a high note and then see you ^##%#%@ later.

I'm sorry I don't beleive in him and I don't think any of you do either, but you like to hope. That's cool, but I would rather have a strong personality in net soon and his name is not Theodore.