Huet To Start - And The Lines

gohabsgo252006

RDS reporitng that Huet will get the start

while the lines should look like this.

Zednik Koivu Kovalev (they said same as last game)

Higgins Plex Ryder

Begin Bonk Sundstrom (they only said the same as last game and I thinkt hat's what it was)

Ivanans Ribeiro Downey

Bulis will be a healthy scratch and it looks like Kostitsyn as well. I may be mistaken on Kostitsyn or the 1st and 3rd line, if i am please say so.

I like that second line a lot and hope that Ryder competes. Not sure why Bulis woudl be a healthy scratch he's oen of the guys I thought has shown lots of effort, i would much rather have seen, Zednik or Sundstrom sit.

Bulis getting the scratch is indeed perplexing. Are tradewinds blowing? Good call on Huet, though (albeit overdue).

We can see what Bob thinks of Ribeiro - playing with the goons. It looks like he doesn't even want to bother 'showcasing' him for a trade; just stick him where he can't do much harm or good. Or, maybe he wants Ribeiro to watch his linemates to see what hard work is like.

Edited by Mont Royale

By putting Ribs with the big boys, they may be thinking that he will have a bit more skating room. I've noticed that Ribs is so easy to get the puck off by just giving him a love tap that perhaps if BIGMAN is out there he will go un-touched. Don't get me wrong, he sure as hell ain't no Gretzky but either he has to beef up by about 40lbs or he will forever by _hit!

Gayboy should play with just his jock, that way nobody will even come close to him. Hang on, is Wendall Clarke still playing? :lol:

Yes but I don't see him getting points. Howe was a complete player not just a goon( a la Ivanans). I was just saying it would be great to see some life from our team, if blood needs to be shed then so be it. As much as I like Turner Stevenson, I feel he may be a victim tonight!

I think people are getting a little too personal on here and are way out of line.

Are you serious? Lighten up!!!! Your real name isn't Jose .....is it?

Yes but I don't see him getting points. Howe was a complete player not just a goon( a la Ivanans). I was just saying it would be great to see some life from our team, if blood needs to be shed then so be it. As much as I like Turner Stevenson, I feel he may be a victim tonight!

Brashear vs Ivanans

Stevenson vs Downey

When all this is happening, what's Ribero going to do? Run to the dressing room? or jump in Sourays arms like Gilligan used to with the Skipper.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Bulis getting the scratch is indeed perplexing. Are tradewinds blowing? Good call on Huet, though (albeit overdue).

We can see what Bob thinks of Ribeiro - playing with the goons. It looks like he doesn't even want to bother 'showcasing' him for a trade; just stick him where he can't do much harm or good. Or, maybe he wants Ribeiro to watch his linemates to see what hard work is like.

Bulis trade? I doubt it... I think Gainey is giving him a wake up call and by the same token reserving him for Ottawa Huet on the other hand might very well play back to back nights its time to prove whats his maximum capacity is ! although Theo should start against ottawa even if Huet has a better track record against them!

Ribeiro its wake up call and showcasing him

Ivanans and Downy are expendable corpses that we can afford to get injured and give out punishment!.. like our towers!

Zednik given yet another chance ? wake up call and hopefully last one!! or is it AK 47 playing?

All in all Lets hope team bonding worked last night! still lets be patient!

Because whatever changed since the Canes games! Its still the FIRST line that is the axl of this team's locomotive..... No matter what condition our net is in No matter how Markov is missed back in D.... The stamina and vision of the first line has to pull through... its Kovy and Koivu's task ....at least for tonight to lead this team out of darkness ... lead this team into the opponents zone! lead the team by shedding blood sweat and tears ...Holding high that torch Hold it HIGH!!! and the rest will follow!! .... straight to Victory!!

Not a huge fan of Ribeiro here, but everybody is chirping him. He is not playing that bad considering that he hasn't gotten ANY ice time. Last time he got ice time he scored 2 goals to give us a win. Some fans out there give up on their team way too easily...

And to get back track on the game (This isn't the Ribeiro bash thread), we need a win. really, really badly.

I think Ribs will be showcased on the PP tonight...

I expect the goons to drop the gloves i Know Ivanans will want to make up for his last fight. and He knows his role.

I'm very excited to see the second line. Plex is gaining more and more of my respect over the year and I think he will work well with Higgins and Ryder.

The first line needs to perform, and I think Zed is on his way out. This is a showcase for him, but we need to see a much better effort by Kovalev and Koivu. I think we will get it, but it seems Kovalev plays much better at home.

I expect another strong game from Huet, but Theo to be in net tommorow, it's a fine line between trying to get his confidence up to move him or not and trying to make the playoffs right now.