Ontario Teachers Pension Plan

shortcat1

I was just listening to 'Upon Further Review', a commentary program on Rogers Sportsnet.

It was proposed that part of the problems for the Maple Leafs (and Raptors too) is due to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan. The OTTP is a 58% owners of the Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd.

The reason here is that the OTTP is simply a business investing in the Maple Leafs organization. They're not interested in winning a Stanley Cup. They're not like George Steinbrunner or Mark somethingorother who will invest to create a winner. All they want is to make money and, the Leafs (or Raptors) as winners or not, the OTTP are making money so that's good enough for them.

Sooooooo.... it looks like my investements in my pension plan is having a positive effect (of sorts) aside from giving me a fairly good pension when I retire. :)

Any other Ontario teachers here?

How's that for a weird situation? :blink::wacko:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I had this argument with a few of my friends earlier in the year. All teams owned by companies rather than individuals IMO have less of a chance for success. Although Playoffs=Profit there is just not the same upper management concern for the ultimate goal.

I dated my teacher for a few months :blush: ....does that count?

Did it help with your grades? ;)

Mark Cuban is such a great owner. It's awesome that he's in the stands watching the games.

Don't worry Jets, the Raptors are going to pick it up soon. That douche bag Babcock was fired and oddly enough his decision to draft Villanueva doesn't seem so crazy now when he's winning rookie of the month honors.

Another point to throw it is that with MLSE in charge I'm not surprised Leaf tickets are ridiculously expensive. People keep going to the games and MLSE doesn't seem to care since their raking in so much money.I remember when the lock out ended each hockey team reduced their ticket prices. Some teams when all out and put major savings, I'm not sure but I think Dallas did. I thought the Habs weren't going to reduce them but they did somewhat and that was nice and then the Leafs came along and barely reduced their prices.