Habs Finally Hitting!

HABZRULE

Last night was one of the first games wher I saw some decent hits from the Habs. I don't know why it is, but it seems whenever I watch other games on the tube, the other teams seem to hit everything whereas the Habs seem to never hit. Also ,when is Downey going to drop his gloves! He had a chance last night with Gaustad but it never came to be. Are we ever going to have a certified heavyweight this year? We bring up Ivan for 4 games and play him in 2 and then send him down!WTF

Now for the positive- Excellent win!

I don'T think we need another enforcer. we need more grit from our wingers.

yesterday we saw bulis hit and make a great defensive play on hecht.

what we need is tougher play from ryder, zednik...well most of our wingers could do better.

This is especially true on the other teams dmen....whenever our guys make a pass, they get hit....whenever the other teams blueliners pass, we turn away from them....gotta finish the check, and make them rush....cause some mistakes and ultimately some turnovers...

The recent success has come as a result of BGs' new system they have been playing since the second game against Boston. They have been employing an agressive forecheck which includes more hitting, it was particularily evident late in the third when they had Buffalo pinned in their end. Ribs has thrown more checks in the last couple of games than he has all the rest of the season.

I'm in agreement with everything said here, however, I think Ryder often turns away, because he's laterall a pretty slow guy and is afraid of being caught up ice, so he makes the safe play.

Did you guys see, Bulis is knee drop on Hecht, I thought I was watching the WWF, right on the guys ankle, i found it funny that no station pointed that it, beacuse I'm pretty sure that's what hurt him.

I'm in agreement with everything said here, however, I think Ryder often turns away, because he's laterall a pretty slow guy and is afraid of being caught up ice, so he makes the safe play.

Did you guys see, Bulis is knee drop on Hecht, I thought I was watching the WWF, right on the guys ankle, i found it funny that no station pointed that it, beacuse I'm pretty sure that's what hurt him.

Probably wasn't mentioned because it wasn't intentional, just a result of them getting tangled up after Bulis' great back check.

I love when the Habs hit! Remember when Ryder used to fly around and hit three guys then get the puck and get himself a scoring chance. He used to do it all the time when he worked harder. He's lucky to be so skilled as a shooter and scorer but he could be so much more.

Same goes for Bonk, Sundstrom, Bulis, Ribeiro, Zed, Perezhogin, Kovalev they are all so much more effective when they pressure the other team's D with an agressive forecheck.

I look forward to more of the recent trend we have seen, as previously mentioned by olematelot.

Go Habs, rest up Jose, and let's hope that Propecia is actually the thing that rallies the team around Jose and starts to rebuild this team's Faith in each other. This break is very well timed for our Habs...

Peace

Edited by The Saint

I would have to agree with olematelot the Canadiens are now employing BG's system, which involves a steady forecheck, and the lines seem to enjoy playing with each other. The more the Habs forecheck the more goals they will score and the more penalties they will draw. With their great overall team speed if they work hard they can also recover from errors made on the forecheck once in a while.

Nobody showed any heart other than Rivet, by dropping their gloves during the last few months of struggles, why would they start now?

Ivanans is junk and has no confidence after his Chara fight.

Downey? Don't know? Chicken? Gainey has told him no fighting? Don't know?

Rivet... heart and soul guy. I orginally thought he was overpaid, but hes the heart of the team, and a solid defenceman night in and night out. Wouldn't trade him for anything right now.

Nobody showed any heart other than Rivet, by dropping their gloves during the last few months of struggles, why would they start now?

Ivanans is junk and has no confidence after his Chara fight.

Downey? Don't know? Chicken? Gainey has told him no fighting? Don't know?

Rivet... heart and soul guy. I orginally thought he was overpaid, but hes the heart of the team, and a solid defenceman night in and night out. Wouldn't trade him for anything right now.

Ivanans junk? I wouldn't go that far. He's not going to drop the gloves in games with tight scores, he has a winning record with this team and few takers in even wanting to fight. Rivet is the heart and soul but that won't be enough when guys like McGratton or Peters go pushing Kovalev around. Those moments require a 6-3" 263lbs goon. So far only Ottawa has played that game on us, but in both our wins against Toronto in TO Ivanans was there. He makes other teams more honest.