8th Before Olympics!

vaness_habs

Very true Simonus I never thought of it that way. It could push more players to want to come to Montreal if they believe the Canadiens are a contender. UFA's in an out of Montreal must believe that they can win here for them to come here and stay here.

i don't think that ufa will come in montreal just because we finished 8th and might have won a round

besides if we finish 8th and keep those losers( sunny, zed, bonk) what message would it send...it's ok to be lazy since we're in the playoffs??

i can live with not being in the playoff as long as there's some sort of clean up done

Bonk has played well. As a checking centre. He was drafted, used and paid to score goals. So far he has been a no show in that regard. Paying a guy to set up Marion Hossa and then converting him to be your third line pivot in my mind is a big waste of cash. NHL net does those top ten all time shows, Bonk was ranked number six. He looked fabulous setting up Hossa but now? Too much money, that's what bothers me.

Zednick can probably be salvaged.

Sunstrom is unnecessary if you pay Bonk for the same thing.

Bonk has played well. As a checking centre. He was drafted, used and paid to score goals. So far he has been a no show in that regard. Paying a guy to set up Marion Hossa and then converting him to be your third line pivot in my mind is a big waste of cash. NHL net does those top ten all time shows, Bonk was ranked number six. He looked fabulous setting up Hossa but now? Too much money, that's what bothers me.

Zednick can probably be salvaged.

Sunstrom is unnecessary if you pay Bonk for the same thing.

bonk came to montreal to be our 3rd line C, not to play on the 2 top lines. i think his a good 3rd line C and a great PK. its not his fault that his over paid, BG give him the contact. I would like him to get a few more goals this year and i think he well, he not going to get 20 but 10 would be nice.. if you dont look at his pay check, his a god 3rd line guy and a hard working pk...

i think bonk is the kind of guy who is going to look really valuable on a cup contending team. Let us evaluate this from the point of view of a prospective FA signee

1) Bonk = depth

You have a high quality player on the lower lines. He brings great experience, size, and strength. You don't have to be so nervous while you're resting on the bench.

2) Bonk = injury protection

Bonk has the ability to spell and injured 2nd line forward and keep the team reasonable. Remember that bonk was injured for much of koivu's injury, so NA to this yr for the most part. However Bonk is at the very least a passable top line player. Especially now that he seems to be de-funking

I think you are wrong Shortcat. Although it is never fun for a team to have to play top ranked team after top ranked team it does wonders for the rookies and other young players in the line-up. For Higgins, Plex, Zhog, K Rex, Markov and Ryder to get more playoff games under their belt the better they will perform in the future of the post season hopefully. Experience is an intrinsic part of development. Also although it is next to impossible to win the cup as a bottom ranked team I believe it is the best of both worlds. The team gets a shot at the cup and they get a respectable draft choice higher than any other playoff team.

I agree with you, I also feel that by reaching the playoffs is a great way to get experience for our young guns. Also, even if we only have three home games during the playoffs, least the fans will have something to cheer about and to look forward to the next season.

And if Montreal can beat out Toronto for that last playoff spot, then I feel that Montreal won a playoff series, because i hate the Toronto Make Me Laughs.

Keep26

Have a look at the Ott sens thing I reffered to. He was an amazing playmaker. That's what I hoped to see from him here and why I believe he got that big fat payday. If he could play like that again I name a child Radek.