Game Thread | Trade Deadline (habs Edition)

habsfan88

Kaos...Point taken, but think of Alex Kovalev. There were no Kovalev to Montreal rumours and there was no talk on here about him coming because every poster on this board knew that it was out of Montreal's hands. But sure enough, a young player and a 4th(?) round pick snagged him off a struggling team. I feel that we have the assets to bring in a player of Jokinen's calibur at the deadline.

So what assests do you think would bring Jokenin to Montreal?

Trust...We just do...What assets would get Kovalev out of NY? It was as simple as a young prospect and a pick.

So tell me which prospect and a pick you think it would take to get Jokenin, when considering Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins and Perezhogin according to Gainey won't be delt?

Or if you want, include one of themm....but give me some names...not just trust.....

So tell me which prospect and a pick you think it would take to get Jokenin, when considering Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins and Perezhogin according to Gainey won't be delt?

Or if you want, include one of themm....but give me some names...not just trust.....

By prospect he meant Jozef Balej who is junk. You're naming our best prospects. If the market was the samem for Jokinen and Kovalev last season (which it isn't) it wuold cost us something like Ferland + 3rd rounder which is nothing compared to Jokinen.

Um. Gainey said that Theodore wouldn't be traded...and guess what bud? He got traded. We have what it takes to get a Jokinen-type player.

Abby for Theo... this Frees us roughly 2.6 million...

with that done, I cant help but think Smiley Bob has something else to say/do... the deadline is still relatively far, Gainey has his sights on a BIG forward, and possibly a D-man, hes not done yet...

Im sure that this was not to get rid of Theo, there is an other reason... Jokinen and Bertuzzi are still very "getable" with rumors that Jokinen will go for Picks only and Souray possibly go to Vancouver, this is getting weirder and weirder...

suprises can still happen, Keith Tkachuk can be an option if it means a PO spot (Blues suck MTL are in the playoffs)

Gainey IS NOT DONE he has a few tricks up his sleeves, and is still very active...

Um. Gainey said that Theodore wouldn't be traded...and guess what bud? He got traded. We have what it takes to get a Jokinen-type player.

So I guessing you have no idea?

What it would take to Jokenin would set this team back too much, its not worth it.

Sorry Im back so late... im sure everybody knows whats happened so far tonight so ill update it again early in the morning since im in Atlantic time.

:hlogo:

Personaly i think if we can get Bert somehow without losing too much D... then Ribs and possibly 2nd pick for Mark Bell would be great. Some rumours have Anason to the Laughs so they'll need another center.

And some kind of upgrade to the D corps would be nice. But not Weinrich.. too old.

The silence is deafening. I personally think the Habs are done dealing. I've been wrong before, but don't think so this time. Our team is now set for the playoff stretch, and they didn't give up an active player off the roster. Here's hoping Abby keeps his strong play going!

*throttles you* What are you doing?!?!?!?! :angry2:

EASY!!! Just a joke... and being the superstitious type, I put that comment in the "fake" game-thread... obviously Komi won't score at the trade deadline!

You'll never see me post that in a real game-thread... geez... :D

The silence is deafening. I personally think the Habs are done dealing. I've been wrong before, but don't think so this time. Our team is now set for the playoff stretch, and they didn't give up an active player off the roster. Here's hoping Abby keeps his strong play going!

Has anyone dubbed him "Haebischer" yet? If not, SHOTGUN! :D