Players Under Contract For Next Season

GoHabs2002

The Buffalo GM had taken Biron off the market a few weeks prior to the deadline; I would bet TB made them a sweet offer. I know you cannot always take a GM at his word but Biron was not on the trade block. I honestly do not believe that Buffalo wanted to mess with their one of a kind chemistry either so a roster player may have been out of the question in the first place.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was in the Buffalo papers and on the talk shows that Biron was on the table and that they were fielding offers for him right through deadline day. I know I read the Buffalo News everyday at work and catch the morning show on the way into work. He was available, but they didn't like what they were getting and were happy to go with him and Biron. Mostly because Biron is a great team player and not one to complain about lack of playing time.

Ok well fair enough. I guess we will agree to disagree although you seem to have more local info then me from what I heard on TSN and Sportsnet he was not on the block, you have Buffalo info so you may have been correct, I guess we will never know. :)

I think Aebischer will be gone next year anyway. I really do think that GAiney will be going after Luongo.

Well if he does, there goes the $5 Million you saved on Theodore, and there goes any chance of signing any other UFA. Unless of course there is major trading involved to clear out some of the contracts

Luongo will follow Jokinen's lead and sign in FLorida.