Habs @ Leafs (Game #2 on season)

puck7x

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Lets get a win! ... But in order for that to happen we will have to play alot better then we did in the game versus the sens...

I wonder if CJ will make any changes to the lineup? Think Hainsey plays again? I realize he got a goal , but he was sub par defensively and took a penalty that led to a sens goal. I'd like to see Komisarek play. I wonder if Begin , Langdon or Kilger are ready to go , Koivu wont play .. we already know that.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Habs @ Leafs

Saturday Oct 11th , 7PM

CBC, RDS .... CJAD , CKAC

The lineup is now confirmed , Higgins will play his first NHL game because Sundstrom is injured .

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Ryder - Perreault - Audette

Bulis - Juneau - Dackell

Dwyer - Higgins - Ward

RDS.CA

Theodore is the starter .

i predict 3-2 leafs in ot

:ghg:

we're on fire!

3-0 now!!!!!

6:54 Montreal Mike Ribeiro

Assists: Andrei Markov Montreal 1-0

12:45 Montreal Yanic Perreault (Power Play)

Assists: Richard Zednik, Andrei Markov Montreal 2-0

15:39 Montreal Sheldon Souray (Shorthanded)

Assists: Joe Juneau, Andreas Dackell Montreal 3-0

• The Canadiens begin the season in a familiar position, with topnotch players on the shelf. Captain Saku Koivu (knee), Darren Langdon (groin) and Steve Begin (shoulder) will all miss time at the start of the season. Worse for the Habs, they will play six straight home games after opening with two on the road. In the past four years the Canadiens are a lowly 70-66-20-8 at the Bell Centre.

I don't know where they get 'topnotch' from, seeing as Begin and Langdon were waiver draft additions. But Kilger's not in there either.

I'm actually a bit worried about the players coming back. I'm not sure if we're going to substitute Begin and Langdon in and out of the line-up per game, so they can recover or whatever.

But our lines at the moment are full, and we have 5 injuries.

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Ryder-Perreault-Audette

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

Dwyer-Higgins-Ward (or Higgins-Ward-Dwyer)

We still have Koivu (1st line centre), Sundstrom (2nd/3rd line winger), Kilger (3rd/4th line centre), Langdon (4th line forward) and Begin (4th line LW).

While Dwyer and Higgins can be replaced (both to Hamilton? Or just press box?), and we put in Koivu and Sundstrom in their places, we still have 3 players without a line, and screwed up lines.

With Julien trying to create cohesion and 'gelling' between the players on each lines, how is he going to face the 5 injured players?

I propose that he form a sort of rotating line-up. Once a player has a line that they click with, they stay on that line. If a player gets injured, we don't move around the whole line up, but just fill in from a press-box player.

We seemed to have 3 lines that are clicking right now:

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

Ryder-Perreault-Audette

When Kilger gets back, he will centre Ward, and Langdon/Begin/Dwyer will go on the LW. Our main problem is that we have 4 NHL calibre centres. Koivu, in this case, is the odd man out, but that is impossible, as he is our captain.

Somehow, Julien will have to subtly move players around, so that the chemistry is not destroyed, but is maintained.

When all the injured return:

- Higgins & Dwyer will be sent down

- Bouillon or Komisarek, probably Komi, will be sent down because we currently have 8 D men in Montreal

Possible new lineup:

Bulis-Koivu-Audette

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Juneau-Perreault-Ryder

Langdon-Kilger-Begin

Ward & Dackell join Bouillon in the press box

- we get last year's first line back together

- the Ribeiro line who's done well so far stays intact

- you keep the Perreault-Ryder duo together... Perreault played with another center last year in Doug Gilmour and it went very well.

- Kilger will be eased back in, and he's familiar with the 4th line already.

- Ward has underwhelmed so far, and is young so CJ won't be afraid to sit him. Dackell doesn't belong in the lineup, sorry.

Damn, I forgot Sundstrom... we so did not need to get him last year... we'd have been better off with just the 3rd rounder for Hackett.

It's not that he's a bad player, but his addition has put us in the same overload situation that killed us last year.

Gainey will have to work on getting someone out of here. Could be Perreault who might be the most tradeable commodity we have among the players who won't be returning next year... although the Habs will miss his faceoff skills and goal production.

Ah well, let the kids make up for it... as Ribeiro & Ryder have done so far.

Great game , great efforts on all fronts by the Habs. Always very fun to beat the leafs , especially in Toronto , and especially in a blowout...

BTW : Sorry about the forum problems over the weekend (Was incredibly slow loading) , not sure why it happened , but it was a real pain...

As for the cuts , we need to make 4 once we're 100% healthy... Like habs77 said the obvious cuts are Higgins/Komisarek/Dwyer , but who is the 4th? Thats where the problem is... My choice would be Dackell , but we cant send him down after getting 2 point in 2 games , that wouldnt be right... We cant send down Ward , do not want to risk losing him on waivers...

One thing we COULD do is send down both Hainsey and Komisarek (Along with Higgins & Dwyer) , leaving ourselves with 6 D-men until Gainey figures out what to do...

Myself , I dont like that idea.