Bulis Will Be Gone

GoHabs2002

i dunno... perhaps with a good centre and a full season on a scoring line Bulis could eclipse 20 goals... but I dont know if I want the bell centre to be the laboratory for that experiment...

Perhaps? With less than a full season on a checking line Bulis has a good chance at hitting 20 goals. If all you expect of this guy is 20 goals on a scoring line then you don't need him. Mind you it's more than Koivu but Koivu doesn't score very often and it's still questionable whether he really is a #1 center. I hope he goes back to Washington next year. He would get an offensive role and get a chance to play with Alexander the Great. If he does fulfill his potential next to him then it's hard to believe he ever will. Not to mention that they're one of my favourite teams. Oh - and they can have Zednik back while they're at it! :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps? With less than a full season on a checking line Bulis has a good chance at hitting 20 goals. If all you expect of this guy is 20 goals on a scoring line then you don't need him. Mind you it's more than Koivu but Koivu doesn't score very often and it's still questionable whether he really is a #1 center. I hope he goes back to Washington next year. He would get an offensive role and get a chance to play with Alexander the Great. If he does fulfill his potential next to him then it's hard to believe he ever will. Not to mention that they're one of my favourite teams. Oh - and they can have Zednik back while they're at it! :P

And we could throw Perezhogin in and get Zubrus and talk vancouover into trading Linden back.

Then the Caps would become what the flyers were to the habs in the 90's

Well, historically he's played his best hockey in January. If he signs with the Leafs I will kill myself... or him.

That would be ironic.

"Bulis the Habbie, you stand accused of first degree murder of... Jan Bulis."

Basically, Bulis is another Dagenais, but more reliable defensively which means that he'll always be able to find some work in the NHL. Like Dagenais, he's got some skills, and he had some offensive potential, but he was just missing that little "je ne sais quoi". However, Bulis isn't a young prospect anymore, and the upside is pretty much gone. The guy is in his prime, and cannot get much better.

?!?

Bulis can be compared to many players. Dagenais isn't one of them.

Bulis can be compared to many players. Dagenais isn't one of them.

I wasn't comparing their style, as they are indeed completely different players, but more about the fact that they are both players with certain [but different] skills, that had some potential for becoming offensive threats in the NHL, but despite several chances and opportunites with more than one team and/or coach have never suceeded in fulfilling that potential. They both are simply missing something that differentiates the really good players from the rest. These guys have skills, and in other European leagues and minor leagues, they can ppoduce, but just not with the world's elite.

Montreal has had so many such players in the last decade, as they relied on guys like Petrov, Ribeiro, Savage, Kilger, and others. We need to make room for the prospects who can (but might not) become more that, guys like Chipchura, Higgins, Kostsitsyn, Latendresse, ... If we consider the others who would be good enough to play a limited/supporting role in the NHL, but also haven't reached their potential, a guy like Milroy for instance, then we really don't need Bulis back... Worst case scenario, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of players like Bulis in pro hockey around the world who could be "reliable" and give you 35 points without charging nearly 2M a year.

Edited by CerebusClone

I think Bulis has every right to ask for a more offensive role. He's definitely more than a fast third line winger like some of you call him. So far he's second (unless Kovalev passed him recently) on the team in goals even though he's been getting limited ice time and being forced to play a defensive game. Both guys with more goals than Bulis have gotten many games on the first line and played pretty much all the rest on the second. I see Bulis as a fast goal-scorer who's strong defensively rather than a fast checker who's decent offensively. This is a guy that if he ever finds the right linemate WILL become a 30 goal scorer someday. I don't think Montrela has that player but I realy want to see him play with Ribeiro on the second line (taking Zhog's place - Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev) and see what he can do. If he doesn't produce then I guess he'll never pan out like he was supposed to. There's also no way that we get a trade for him. No one would rent a player during the offseason - he never even plays one game for you.

Bulis will never be a 30 goal scorer. He has no finish around the net. The could very well have 25 gaols this year, but he can't finish. His shots consistently miss the net, or he shots the puck right at the goalie, or his shot is just weak and easily stopped.

Sure he has every right to ask for a more offensive roll, every player should want to better themselves and play a more active offensive roll. But he can't. HE's too limited offensively. On a weak team he can be a second line forward. But more likely he's 3rd line forward much like his current roll with the Habs.

Bulis'll be inserted into the lineup in Zed's place... BG's finally taken action re: his (and my) impatience with the duckfoot'd skating, one-hand-on-his-stick, underachieving Slovak. :angry2:

But Bulis will not be playing on the 2nd line -- rather Garth Murray's been rewarded with the open slot.

RDS.ca link: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/201636.html

Was it with Juneau and Sundstrom that Bulis played on a successfully defensive, smothering line? If he can get back to doing that on the 3rd or 4th BG may just provide him the ice presence he wants. Then it'll be up to Jan to reassert his offensive worth.

I'd like to see him pull it off...

Bulis must have said something to piss Gainey off. I think Gainey has given Zednik all kinds of chances, he just can't find his game. Hopefully the play-offs will wake him up.....

Go Hossa Go.......I mean Murray!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you mean, but I think as he matures he'll end up becoming a better hockey player respect-wise. He just needs to shut his mouth and play hockey. I will say this though, I'd rather see Ovechkin as a habs instead of Crosby.

I'd give my left nut to see that happen!!!!! Could you imagine Gainey pulls that off.

Zednik,Bulis,Ribs, 2 first round picks and Gainey's secret book of defensive strategy for Ovechkin.......

Zednik,Bulis,Ribs, 2 first round picks and Gainey's secret book of defensive strategy for Ovechkin.......

I'm sure that this is what Washington wants, to trade the future #1 star in the league for the next 10 years to get back Bulis and Zednik whom they traded away 6 years ago + some picks and a small center who's worth a tootpick.

Bulis and Zednik came together in 2000 and will leave together in summer 2006. No way these two guys are coming back next year, I think BG as had enough of them.