Something Us Habs Fans Knew For Years

ozhab

http://www.nhl.com/features/spotlight/rivet032806.html

Really gald to see this article on the official site - Rivet has always been one of my favourites and the idea of staying with a team for your career seems to have been eroded over time.

Edited by ozhab

Maybe... ;)

Yeah Koz, it's me. Finally got sick of the ESPn boards and the fools that do nuthin' but trash.

Wanted to talk hockey and Habs seeing as I'm in exile down here.

Very nice article. Good to see Rivet get some respect. He gets far to little of it on these boards

Rivet is a dependable defenceman that will give you quality mintues and no fuss. That is my idea of a team man! :king:

I agree with the thoughts of the article. I have always and really mean always supported Rivet. As I'm sure you have by starting this thread.

Nice one. But it is some what sickening due to the fact that for a long time, I saw nothing but bashing of Rivet from everyone on this site.

It sucks that most poeple need to read an article like this to jump on a wagon. They can't come up with a postive thought on a player(rivet) based on they're own observations......They need to be completed by some shmuck journalists thoughts.

Anyways good to see and well deserved...........

Go Rivet GO!!!!!!!!

I agree with the thoughts of the article. I have always and really mean always supported Rivet. As I'm sure you have by starting this thread.

Nice one. But it is some what sickening due to the fact that for a long time, I saw nothing but bashing of Rivet from everyone on this site.

It sucks that most poeple need to read an article like this to jump on a wagon. They can't come up with a postive thought on a player(rivet) based on they're own observations......They need to be completed by some shmuck journalists thoughts.

I find alot of fans are like that. Media says a player is performing badly, they change their perception and they "see" all the bad the player does, or the media says a player is performing well, the fans "see" the good and start praising him.

LeafsNation and HabsLand have something in common: most fans are greatly influenced with what the media says (leafs fan more than Habs fans tho)

I will admit I was not a fan of Rivet's for a while (last two season) before that I really enjoyed his play and thought he would turn out great.

In my opinion he had a rough couple of season and then this. This year since the beginning you can see his determination to win. Also I find he is playing within himself, he is choosing the play he knows he can make rather then attempt one he is unsure of.

If Rivet keeps this up he will with out a doubt retire as a Canadien and be missed when he is gone.

Defence isn't a glory position unless you have big points and a +/- to match, otherwise dependable defensemen tend to go a little unnoticed for the little things they do well. Through this team's troubles, Rivet has been dependable when everyone else was having a poor season. Fortunately when he had his own troubles, others were playing well.

At least we both know there will never be coverage of Begin in the media - a gutsy player regardless.

I think most people (me included) were just worried about his salary. Maybe he was a bit overpaid. Well I guess we were wrong. He'd provided a pretty good band for the buck

I still think he's a tad overpaid. But he's been excellent this year, there is no doubt about that.

Agree with kaos and option it wasn't Rivet the hockey player but rather his contract that left a lot of fans scratching their heads. Certainly not his fault that he was given more than his market value three years ago. hey Oz welcome back to the fold!

Edited by JeanLucPilon