Canadiens / Comrie / 4th Period

prabby

October 17, 2003

Plenty of options for Comrie

TheFourthPeriod.com

The Oilers haven’t received one substantial offer for holdout Mike Comrie, although, according to the Edmonton Sun, GM Kevin Lowe has entertained a handful of inquiries about No. 89.

The newspaper suggests the Atlanta Thrashers, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers could all be possible destinations for the 23-year-old centerman.

Such players as Marc Savard of Atlanta, Niklas Hagman or Matt Cullen of Florida, Mike Ribeiro of Montreal, and Jamie Lundmark of the Rangers could be send the other way.

The Sun cancels out the possibility of Comrie being dealt to Anaheim or Nashville, while New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello denies any interest he has in Comrie.

oh man i dont like this! first of all i dont like giving up ribero and i find comrie is a loser in the dressing room!

what do u guys think???

:?-

Edited : To fix misleading title (Habs MENTIONED by newspaper , it doesnt mean they are interested , they are just a possible destination that the newspaper is speculating on)

[Edited on 2003-10-18 by puck7x]

we won't trade ribs for comrie.. those 2 have to play together lol. they had great chemistry together when they played at the all-star game 2 years ago..

I'd like comrie on the 2nd line with ribs..

comrie isn't the type of player (size) we dream to have.. but he's very talented and has a great energy, positive leadership (?) and the kind of intensity that would fit well for Ribeiro. Comrie could help a lot Ribs..

2 prospects (hossa?, + ?) for comrie, then

bulis saku zednik

comrie ribs ward

ryder perreault audette

sundstrom juneau dackell

did i forgot someone?

Edited : To fix misleading title (Habs MENTIONED by newspaper , it doesnt mean they are interested , they are just a possible destination that the newspaper is speculating on)  

hehe sure.. "The newspaper suggests the Atlanta Thrashers, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens "..

That means absolutely nothing, and probably Gainey didn't talked to Lowe about Comrie.

always fun to do trash talks with rumours.. hehe

A lot of teams talk trade without ever pulling the trigger, so you can't say a source isn't reliable just because the trade didn't happen.

So perhaps Gainey did speak with Bob Clarke about Primeau... but given the Habs' decent start Gainey can afford to be patient.

Gainey might well have inquired about Comrie, but that doesn't mean the talks went as far as a trade proposal from either side.

It just shows me Gainey is looking to improve the club if a an opportunity presents itself... nothing wrong with that. He's talking to people, staying "in the loop" if you will.

As the season rolls on he will have had time to rate his players for himself, and then he'll know who he wants to move and who he'd rather hold on to.

Since the injured will soon all be returning, Gainey will have to trade off someone sooner rather than later...