The Playoff Race In The Western Conference

Jean

Vancouver pretty much has to go 3-1 or 4-0. Edmonton looks like they might miss now though, Roloson was a bad choice on Lowe's part. The Canucks really do have a monster of a schedule left. I'll be a huge Sharks fan should they pull off the sweep. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...

How come Calgary has clinched a spot but Nashville hasn't? They both have 98 points and have both played 78 games.

That's a mistake, it's now mathematically impossible for BOTH San Jose and Vancouver to catch them since they play against each other twice, and that what would need to happens to eliminate them

In other news...

Edmonton loose 2-1 against Saint Louis.. thats simply inexcusable from an EDM standpoint

San Jose owned Dallas 4-1, they're now in the playoff

Minesotta beat Colorado 5-2

LA is now eliminated because they cant catch both San Jose and Vancouver

oo my bad, LA isnt completely out yet, but they're is virtually no margin of error now.

IF Edmonton loose all their remaining games IN REGULATION AND Vancouver doesnt get more than 2 points until the end of the season *AND* LA win all their 3 games, both LA and Edmonton will be at 91 points but LA will win the tie breaker with 43 wins as opposed to Edmonton's 39.

So Colorado's hopes really come down to beating Vancouver. We can lose every other game as long as we beat Vancouver.

I really hope Edmonton can go on a tear, they're starting to stuggle too which could open the door for Vancouver.

Anaheim clinches and is in striking distance of 4th.

San Jose finally catches up to everyone else with games played and finds themselves in 6th.

With Vokoun out, Nashville could fall as far as 7th, though unlikely.

Ya I doubt Chris Mason upsets anyone in the playoffs. Calgary must be happy. Maybe they'll luck themselves to another Final.

April 10 games

Edmonton 0 Detroit 2 - END

Phoenix 0 Colorado 4 - 2nd period

Ya I doubt Chris Mason upsets anyone in the playoffs. Calgary must be happy. Maybe they'll luck themselves to another Final.

He's less than 5 minutes away from blanking the Blues as we speak ;)

Ok, blanking the Blues is not that impressive but that's still encouraging for a backup.

Edited by Jean

Colorado 6 Phoenix 4 FINAL

Théo gave 4 goals in 29 shots.. not catastrophic but not so good either. I think they have the right to expect more in exchange of the 5.5million$ a year they give him.

Wait, no I don't. We haven't clinched "officially" but we even with a loss on Saturday to Vancouver we still win both tiebreakers. If Vancouver won on Saturday, we'be tied in head to head action but we're still kicking their ass in goal differential.

So no matter what, Colorado's in!

*dances*

Now....We need to win two of our next three and San Jose AND Anaheim both need to go 1-1 in their next two for us to get 5th and the Vokoun-less Predators.

And I REALLY want to avoid a Calgary/Colorado series. Not because I think we'll lose but because I won't be able to wear any of my Avs jerseys anywhere.

Wait, no I don't. We haven't clinched "officially" but we even with a loss on Saturday to Vancouver we still win both tiebreakers. If Vancouver won on Saturday, we'be tied in head to head action but we're still kicking their ass in goal differential.

So no matter what, Colorado's in!

*dances*

Now....We need to win two of our next three and San Jose AND Anaheim both need to go 1-1 in their next two for us to get 5th and the Vokoun-less Predators.

And I REALLY want to avoid a Calgary/Colorado series. Not because I think we'll lose but because I won't be able to wear any of my Avs jerseys anywhere.

Don't be too cocky. You're not in yet. If Vancouer wins Saturday, etc it will come down to goal differential.

Right now Colorado has a GD of +31 and Vancouver's is only +2. I don't really think Vancouver can get their's any higher than say +10. So Colorado needs to keep their's at +11 or better.

With three games left you might want to not use Theodore for more than 2 of those games just to be safe. :lol:

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the playoffs.

Don't be too cocky. You're not in yet. If Vancouer wins Saturday, etc it will come down to goal differential.

Right now Colorado has a GD of +31 and Vancouver's is only +2. I don't really think Vancouver can get their's any higher than say +10. So Colorado needs to keep their's at +11 or better.

With three games left you might want to not use Theodore for more than 2 of those games just to be safe. :lol:

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the playoffs.

Oooooh, thats harsh. :lol:

You guys are pretty close to clinching, aren't you? I haven't stopped by the Habs section in a bit but doesn't a win do it for the Habs?

And Vancouver can be eliminated tonight. Edmonton win + Vancouver regulation loss=Me happy.

Throw in a Colorado win to keep us alive for the division and I'm even happier. I think my dad might be ordering the game on PPV so I may be able to get my first full-game view of Theo and company. And I'm so happy Tangs is back. I read some post today from 2003 in the Habs section about how he's overrated. I can't think of a statement that could be the further from the truth.

Wait...

The Leafs will win the Stanley Cup sometime in the future.

Nevermind, I just thought of one. :D

So much for Vancouver winning the cup eh?

Go Oilers!

Haha, no kidding.

Bye bye Crawford, bye bye Nonis, bye bye Bertuzzi. It should be a sin if any of these guys are back for that team next season.

Don't be fooled tomorrow even though it is Vancouver, that won't be rain. The collective tears of the annoying Canucks fanbase!

Who would had tought than the west would be settled before the east?

Altough it was a bit previsible with how things were going in both.. out east, Toronto and Atlanta refuse to die while in the west LA and Vancouver rolled over.