Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Canadiens | 04/26/06

Spider-Man NL

Hold on a minute about blaming Huet on a soft goal. That was a 1 on 2, of course it Souray and Rivet who will never learn to take the body. Blame them. If one of them would have checked the canes player that goal never would have went in. As a matter of fact, i beleive Rivet and Souray have been on the ice for 6 of 8 goals scored by Carolina. They just suck.

The penalties on the habs were penalties. That being said, the refs didn't call much on Carolina, Koivu, the holding right before the OT penalty on the habs, etc.

I'm most disappointed in the effort, a chance to put a nail in the coffin but once Koivu went down and Zedick scored, they stopped playing. Trying to win 1 nothing. Based on what i have seen, they really haven't turned the corner. Out of the last 6 games when Montreal had a lead going into the third, they have lost 4, beat Carolina game 1, then won game 2 in overtime.

I don't expect this team to win every night, i do expect them to play hard every night and try to win.

The good news is that they have a chance Friday to make up for that effort and go up 3 to 1.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That first goal was not Huet's fault it was Sourray's as he completely misplayed it and then let Brindamour get a shot that went of rivet's stick.

Secondly it's hard to blame the guys, b/c as a fan I was thinking about Saku for most of the night after the injury, I can't help but think that the players were doing the same. It's tough to play with that distraction.

I noticed in this whole series that everytime a Carolina player gets hit or falls to the ground there always complaining to the ref for a penalty. I noticed last night when Komisarek gave a good hit to Brind'Amour and then Brind'Amour stopped and complained to the ref about a call that should have been made.

I noticed in this whole series that everytime a Carolina player gets hit or falls to the ground there always complaining to the ref for a penalty. I noticed last night when Komisarek gave a good hit to Brind'Amour and then Brind'Amour stopped and complained to the ref about a call that should have been made.

Just as I've seen a Habs player complain to the ref everytime they are sent to the box. It happens on both sides. Its nothing new.

The fact is Montreal needs to keep playing inspired hockey, and follow Gainey and Carbonneau's systems and they'll continue to win. Carolina was lucky last night. Thats all. Who cares who's whinning about what. You worry about things like that and then your game starts to suffer, and breakdowns happen.

Or go to espn boards and let it lose there... :D

Do you ever have anything interesting to say or do you just like to talk about other peoples boards? How about trying to contribute something to the discussion

That first goal was not Huet's fault it was Sourray's as he completely misplayed it and then let Brindamour get a shot that went of rivet's stick.

Secondly it's hard to blame the guys, b/c as a fan I was thinking about Saku for most of the night after the injury, I can't help but think that the players were doing the same. It's tough to play with that distraction.

Yeah that first goal was Huet's fault. He should have had it, and judging by his reaction, he know's he should have had it.

But your right, you can't blame the guys. They played a solid game, and came up against a hot goalie. They got beat. Theres no shame in that. They just have to come out and play hockey. Injuries are a part of the game. They're professionals, they'll get over it.

Hold on a minute about blaming Huet on a soft goal. That was a 1 on 2, of course it Souray and Rivet who will never learn to take the body. Blame them. If one of them would have checked the canes player that goal never would have went in. As a matter of fact, i beleive Rivet and Souray have been on the ice for 6 of 8 goals scored by Carolina. They just suck.

I find your posts are often unreasonably critical of the defence. Rivet and Souray are our rocks, along with Markov. Montreal's defensive record was pretty decent through the year, so I'm not sure who's defense you're comparing them to. All defenceman get beat sometimes - but not every goal is their fault.

On the play, yes Souray got beat wide, but Brind'Amour is a good player. Between Souray and Rivet, the play resulted in a very weak shot on net, on the ice, right at the goalie. Guess what - he should've had it. That's not to bash Huet, who I have faith in and who was excellent otherwise - it's just the way it is.

I don't have the energy to check if they're been on the ice for 6 goals - but they are both plus players at the moment. With the amount of ice time they log, they're going to get a few scored against.

I agree with you that Souray made a big mistake on that play - he tried to play puck instead of positioning himself right in front of Brind'Amour - but Huet let in what should have been a very basic save. If Brind'Amour has somehow lifted the puck even while unbalanced, then it would be another story, but the puck slid slowly in between Huet's legs, exactly where his stick should have been. That was a basic positioning error, and unfortunately it cost us the game; you can blame everyone else if you want, but the fact and the matter is that Huet gave up a stupid goal at the worst moment.

Another thing I am disliking about Huet since the playoffs began is that he keeps losing sight of the puck. This can happen every once in a while to any goalie, but it's happening more than once every single game right. It "only" cost us 2 goals, but I've noticed several plays where Huet was completely off position, and was lucky that the Canes' player shot wide, or that someone blocked the shot.

I don't know if it's a concentration problem, but Huet needs to fix it soon, or we might soon see the series slip away from us.

Hey guys, im new here!I live in Montreal so i know just how much this loss hurts.Bullshit refs....always costing us games.I wont even start or else i will just get angry and start swearing and that wouldnt be a good start fo rme on this forum.

Just for a little fun:

After Zedniks goal- 114 decibels

Plane-120 decibels

Not bad for a first game.