Ya Gotta Love The New Nhl's Inconsistency

beliveau1

Watching the Edmonton -Sharks game and noticed Roloson apparently play the puck in the no-touch zonewith no call (he covered the puck about a foot or two inside that area for a face off.) At the time CBC made no comment on the play, and then right off the face off the Oiler's scored on the ensuing rush.

On the very next rush into Shark's territory it was interesting to hear how quickly CBC mentioned when Toskala played the puck about a foot or so from the no-touch zone....... :huh:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I despise the NHL for it's inability to understand the need to enforce its' own rules? It is the only sport that seems to feel that enforcing the rules unduly affects the outcome of the game.....

let the players decide it, even if they break every rule in doing so along the way! Heaven forbid that a referee would call a penalty for a rule infraction - unless he happens to slightly hook a player?

Drives me insane................. :angry::angry2:

I too got a little sick of this when Williams clipped Koivu, no penalty then next game clipped Markov, no penalty. He did manage to clip another player (Ribero?) with no penalty. I do not think the referees are watching high sticking as much, but I do remember a Montreal Defenseman getting 4 minutes for a high stick in the same game of two missed calls. It used to work out even in games with makeup calls, but this year YIKES!